Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Maxilax. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Maxilax during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Maxilax during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Maxilax does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Maxilax in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Maxilax in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Maxilax is a type of sugar used to treat constipation. This medicine works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool so... View More
Uses of Maxilax
Side effects of Maxilax
- Abdominal distension
How to use Maxilax
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and ta... View More
How Maxilax works
Maxilax works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
What if you forget to take Maxilax?
If you miss a dose of Maxilax, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Maxilax is used for the treatment of constipation.
- It should preferably be taken at bedtime as it requires 6 to 8 hours to show effect.
- It is usually taken once a day as needed for up to 2 weeks. Take it exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Some healthy tips to prevent constipation from happening:
- Take it atleast 2 hours after taking other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach disorders such as appendicitis or a blockage in your bowel.
Constipation, Hepatic encephalopathy
Oral Adult 2 teaspoonfuls (20g) once or twice daily with plenty of water
Patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the active substance. Gastro-intestinal obstruction. Galactosaemia.
Mode of Action
In the colon it is broken down to short chain organic acids and increases osmotic pressure in the colon, thereby causing an increase in the stool water ... View More
Abdominal distension, flatulance and abdominal cramp.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More