Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Temozar. Please consult your doctor.
Temozar is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Temozar is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Temozar may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Temozar is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Temozar may not be needed in th... View More
Temozar should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Temozar may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited... View More
Temozar is used in the treatment of a specific type of cancer of the brain. It is used to treat brain tumors if they return or get worse after standard ... View More
Uses of Temozar
- Brain tumor
Side effects of Temozar
- Coordination disorder
- Hair loss
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body)
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Loss of appetite
- Memory loss
- Viral infection
How to use Temozar
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Temozar is to be taken empty stomach.
How Temozar works
Temozar is an anti-cancer medication. It enters the brain tissues and works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This sto... View More
What if you forget to take Temozar?
If you miss a dose of Temozar, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your r... View More
- Swallow full tablets on an empty stomach, one hour before your meal.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of opportunistic infections (such as Pneumocystis j... View More
- You may be given medication to prevent nausea or other side effects while you are receiving temozolomide.
- Your blood will be tested frequently during treatment to monitor the side effects of temozolomide on your blood cells as you may have a small risk of ot... View More
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking temozolomide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using temozolomide as it may make you tired or sleepy.
- Both male and female patients should take effective contraceptive precautions during and after 6 months of treatment. Male patients should seek advice o... View More
Glioblastoma multiforme, Malignant gliomas, Metastatic melanoma
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach at least 1 hr before meals. Swallow capsules whole with a full glass of water on an empt... View More
Oral Glioblastoma multiforme Adult: 75 mg/m2 once daily for 42 days with focal radiotherapy (concomitant phase). Do not reduce dose during concomitant... View More
Oral Recurrent or progressive malignant gliomas Child: >3 yr: Previously untreated with chemotherapy: 200 mg/m2 once daily for 5 days, followed by a 2... View More
Hypersensitivity to dacarbazine. Severe myelosupression. Pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Temozolomide, a triazene, is an inactive prodrug. It is chemically hydrolysed to 3-methyl-(triazen-1-yl) imidazole-4-carboxamide (MTIC), the active meta... View More
Severe hepatic and renal impairment. Elderly >70 yr, children. Women of child bearing potential should avoid becoming pregnant during therapy. Males sho... View More
>10% Alopecia (55-69%),Lymphopenia (55%),Nausea (53%),Vomiting (42%),Headache (41%),Fatigue (34%),Constipation (33%),Anorexia (9-27%),Convulsions (23%)... View More
Valproic acid, other myelosuppressive agents.
Alternative brand for Temozar
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More