Quiet XR 200200mg
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Quiet XR 200.
Quiet XR 200 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Quiet XR 200 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Quiet XR 200 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Quiet XR 200 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Quiet XR 200 may not be ne... View More
Quiet XR 200 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Quiet XR 200 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Quiet XR 200 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia (a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and als... View More
Uses of Quiet XR 200
Side effects of Quiet XR 200
- Akathisia (inability to stay still)
- Decreased haemoglobin level in blood
- Dystonia (involuntary muscle contractions)
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
- Weight gain
How to use Quiet XR 200
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Quiet XR 200 may be taken ... View More
How Quiet XR 200 works
Quiet XR 200 is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
- You have been prescribed Quiet XR 200 for the treatment of schizophrenia and mania.
- It is less likely to cause heart problems and movement disorders than other antipsychotics.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see treatment effects. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Quiet XR 200 can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking it without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Major depressive disorder
Extended-release: Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take w/o food or w/ a light meal. Swallow whole, do not chew/crush. May be taken with or withou... View More
Oral Schizophrenia Immediate release Day 1: 50 mg/day PO divided q12hr Days 2-3: Dose increased daily in increments of 25-50 mg q8-12hr to 300-400 m... View More
Schizophrenia Immediate release Day 1: 50 mg/day PO divided q12hr Days 2-3: Dose increased daily in increments of 25-50 mg q8-12hr to 300-400 mg by d... View More
Quetiapine is contraindicated in individuals with a known hypersensitivity to this medication or any of its ingredients. Severe CNS depression, bone mar... View More
Mode of Action
Quetiapine is an antagonist at multiple neurotransmitter receptors in the brain: Serotonin 5-HT1A and 5-HT2, dopamine D1 and D2, histamine H1 and adrene... View More
Patient w/ CV and cerebrovascular disease, conditions predisposing to hypotension, history of seizures or conditions that lower the seizure threshold, c... View More
>10% Dizziness (1-18%),Fatigue (3-14%),Extrapyramidal symptoms (1-13%),Increased diastolic blood pressure (41%),Increased triglycerides (8-22%),Increas... View More
Increased risk of drowsiness and postural hypotension when used with alcohol. CYP3A4 inducers eg. phenytoin and carbamazepine may decrease plasma levels... View More
Alternative brand for Quiet XR 200
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More