Origano DR 180180mg
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Origano DR 180 does not cause any harmful side effects.
Origano DR 180 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe ... View More
Origano DR 180 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Origano DR 180 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Origano DR 180 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Origano DR 180 may not b... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Origano DR 180 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Origano DR 180 belongs to a group of medicines called immunosuppressants. It is used with other medicines to prevent your body from rejecting an organ (... View More
Uses of Origano DR 180
- Prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients
Side effects of Origano DR 180
- Abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
How to use Origano DR 180
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Origano DR 180 may be take... View More
How Origano DR 180 works
Origano DR 180 is an immunosuppressant. It reduces the action of body's own defence system (the immune system) and prevents rejection of the transplante... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Origano DR 180 to stop your body from rejecting a transplanted organ (e.g. kidney, heart or liver).
- It may take 6 to 12 weeks for Origano DR 180 to start working. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- It may cause birth defects so birth control is required in females with reproductive potential.
- It makes you more susceptible to getting infections. Avoid contact with people who have an infection. Consult your doctor immediately if you develop a s... View More
- Protect yourself from direct sunlight by wearing protective clothing and applying a sunscreen with a high sun protection factor (SPF).
- Take it with food to minimize possible side effects like nausea and stomach pain.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor the levels of blood cells in your blood. Inform your doctor if you experience symptoms such as u... View More
Prophylaxis of acute renal graft rejection, Prophylaxis of cardiac graft rejection, Liver Transplant
Drug is taken on empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals Once dosage is stabilized, MMF can be taken with food after kidney transplant
Oral Adult Prophylaxis of acute renal graft rejection As Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF): 1 g twice daily starting w/in 72 hr of transplantation. Max: 2 ... View More
<3 months Safety and efficacy not established >3 months Prophylaxis of organ rejection in patients receiving allogeneic renal transplants As Mycop... View More
Renal impairment MMF: In severe renal impairment (glomerular filtration rate [GFR] <25 mL/min/1.73 m²), not to exceed 1 g q12hr No dosage adjustment n... View More
Pregnancy, lactation. Rare hereditary deficiency of hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT), including Kelley-Seegmiller or Lesch-Nyhan s... View More
Mode of Action
Mycophenolic acid acts by blocking purine synthesis of human lymphocytes through reversible inhibition of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase. It also i... View More
Teratogenic in animals; avoid inhalation or direct skin contact. Monitor patients for lymphoproliferative disorders; advise patient to limit exposure to... View More
>10% Hyperglycemia (44%),Hypercholesterolemia (41%),Hypomagnesemia (39%),Dyspnea (37%),Back pain (35%),Increased blood urea nitrogen (BUN) (35%),Leukop... View More
Increased plasma levels of both drugs when combined with aciclovir, valaciclovir, ganciclovir and valganciclovir. Reduced absorption with colestyramine,... View More
Alternative brand for Origano DR 180
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More