Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Sunicent. Please consult your doctor.
Sunicent is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in ... View More
Sunicent is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Sunicent may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Sunicent is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Sunicent is recommended.
Sunicent should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sunicent may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limit... View More
Sunicent is used in the treatment of kidney cancer and gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Sunicent can be taken with or without food, but try to have it a... View More
Uses of Sunicent
- Kidney cancer
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
Side effects of Sunicent
- Abdominal pain
- Discoloration of skin
- Dry skin
- High blood pressure
- Painful blisters on hands and feet
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Hair discoloration
- Pain in extremity
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Weight loss
- Taste change
How to use Sunicent
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sunicent may be taken with or without food, but i... View More
How Sunicent works
Sunicent is an anti-cancer medication. It works by binding and blocking certain cell surface protein (tyrosine kinase) responsible for the propagation o... View More
What if you forget to take Sunicent?
If you miss a dose of Sunicent, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Sunicent is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- It may affect wound healing time. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe... View More
- Monitoring of thyroid gland function is required while taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of weight gain, dry skin, and hai... View More
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Inform your doctor about the consumption of Sunicent before going for surgical procedure.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Leukemia, Renal cell carcinoma, Gastrointestinal stromal tumor, Meningioma
May be taken with or without food.
Hepatic Impairment Mild to moderate impairment: Dose adjustment not necessary for initial dose; monitor subsequent doses Severe impairment: Not stud... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal Impairment No dose adjustment necessary
Hypersensitivity, Renal impairment
Mode of Action
Multikinase inhibitor (including VEGF & PDGF receptor tyrosine kinases) some of which are implicated in tumor growth, angiogenesis, and metastasis.
CHF, HTN, history of QT interval prolongation, patients taking antiarrhythmics or w/ preexisting cardiac disease, bradycardia or electrolyte disturbance... View More
>10% Dyspepsia (MRCC 46%),Altered taste (MRCC 43%; GIST 21%),Fatigue (GIST 42%; MRCC 74%),Diarrhea (GIST 40%; MRCC 55%),Rash (MRCC 38%; GIST 14%),Vomit... View More
Increased plasma conc w/ strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg ketoconazole, ritonavir, itraconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, grapefruit juice). Decreased ... View More
Alternative brand for Sunicent
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More