Nuvista Pharma Ltd
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Thyronor 100 does not cause any harmful side effects.
Thyronor 100 is safe to use during pregnancy. Most studies have shown low or no risk to the developing baby.
Thyronor 100 is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is n... View More
Thyronor 100 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Thyronor 100 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Thyronor 100 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Thyronor 100 is a medicine used to treat an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). It replaces the hormone which was not being produced by your thy... View More
Uses of Thyronor 100
Side effects of Thyronor 100
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Weight loss
How to use Thyronor 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Thyronor 100 is to be take... View More
How Thyronor 100 works
Thyronor 100 is a synthetic version of a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It works by replacing the thyroid hormones that your thyroid gland canno... View More
What if you forget to take Thyronor 100?
If you miss a dose of Thyronor 100, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to y... View More
- Thyronor 100 should be taken on an empty stomach (ideally, first thing in the morning). No food, milk, or tea should be taken 1 hour before and 2 hours ... View More
- It may take 6 to 8 weeks to get the full effect.
- For most people, Thyronor 100 can be a lifelong medication. Do not discontinue it without discussing your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you have diarrhea, nervousness, irritability, sleep disturbances, shaking hands, or chest pain. Your doctor may adjust your dose.
- Leave a gap of at least 4 hours before taking any antacids, calcium or iron supplements, and multivitamins, as these may interfere with the effect of th... View More
- Get your hormone levels checked regularly and inform your doctor if you notice a significant change in your body weight. The dose may need to be adjuste... View More
- Inform your doctor before changing the brand of Thyronor 100 as all brands may not have the same effect.
Hypothyroidism, TSH suppression, Myxoedema coma
Should be taken on an empty stomach with full glass of water. Take on an empty stomach ½-1 hr before meals.
Oral Mild Hypothyroidism 1.7 mcg/kg or 100-125 mcg PO qDay; not to exceed 300 mcg/day >50 years (or <50 yr with CV disease) Usual initial dose: 2... View More
Oral Hypothyroidism Age 1-3 months 10-15 mcg/kg/day PO Use lower starting dose (25 mcg/day) if patient at risk of cardiac failure; if initial serum... View More
Untreated hyperthyroidism; uncorrected adrenal failure; recent MI.
Mode of Action
Levothyroxine Na is a synthetic form of thyroxine which increases the basal metabolic rate (BMR) and the utilisation and mobilisation of glycogen stores... View More
Patients w/ CV (e.g. angina, heart failure, HTN), DM and diabetes insipidus, epilepsy, pre-existing myasthenia syndrome, long-standing hypothyroidism. E... View More
Nervousness, excitability, tremor, muscle weakness, fatigue, cramps; sweating, flushing, heat intolerance, headache, fever, insomnia, tachycardia, palpi... View More
Reduced absorption w/ iron, antacids, bile acid sequestrants, colestyramine, simeticone, Ca carbonate, sucralfate, cation exchange resins. Reduced tri-i... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More