Secrin M 2/500 XR2mg+500mg
Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Secrin M 2/500 XR.
Secrin M 2/500 XR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the ... View More
Secrin M 2/500 XR is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the... View More
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Secrin M 2/500 XR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Secrin M 2/500 XR may be needed. Please consult your d... View More
Secrin M 2/500 XR should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Secrin M 2/500 XR may be needed. Please consult your do... View More
Secrin M 2/500 XR belongs to a category of medicines known as anti-diabetic drugs. It is a combination of two medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes me... View More
Uses of Secrin M 2/500 XR
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Secrin M 2/500 XR
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
How to use Secrin M 2/500 XR
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use. Secrin M 2/500 XR is to be taken with food.
How Secrin M 2/500 XR works
Secrin M 2/500 XR is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the... View More
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Gemer 1 Table... View More
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing o... View More
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Should be taken with breakfast or first main meal of the day.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: Each tablet contains glimepiride 1 mg or 2 mg and metformin sustained release 500 mg The initial recommended ... View More
Renal disease or renal dysfunction, as suggested by serum creatinine levels ≥1.5 mg/dL [males], ≥1.4 mg/dL [females] or abnormal creatinine cle... View More
Mode of Action
Glimepiride stimulates the insulin release from functioning pancreatic β-cells and inhibits gluconeogenesis at hepatic cells. It also increases insulin ... View More
Renal and hepatic impairment. Avoid alcohol consumption. Hypoglycaemic episodes.
Diarrhoea, vomiting, metallic taste, rash, isolated transaminase elevations, cholestatic jaundice, allergic skin reactions, photosensitivity reactions, ... View More
Cationic drugs: Certain medications used concomitantly with metformin may increase the risk of lactic acidosis. Cationic drugs that are... View More
Alternative brand for Secrin M 2/500 XR
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More