Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Sofosvel. Please consult your doctor.
Sofosvel is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ther... View More
Sofosvel is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Sofosvel may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Sofosvel, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepati... View More
Sofosvel should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sofosvel may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limi... View More
Sofosvel is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Sofosvel is recommended. However, inform your doctor if you have any kidne... View More
Sofosvel is a combination of two antiviral medicines. This prescription medicine is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. ... View More
Uses of Sofosvel
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Side effects of Sofosvel
How to use Sofosvel
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sofosvel may be taken with... View More
How Sofosvel works
Sofosvel is a combination of two antiviral medicines: Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir. They work by lowering the amount of hepatitis C virus in the body and ... View More
- Sofosvel is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- Skipping doses increases the risk of treatment failure. Make sure that you take all your doses at the correct time.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Sofosvel may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable painkiller. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice.
Chronic Hepatitis C
May be taken with or without food
Oral Adult Chronic Hepatitis C Indicated for adults with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection genotypes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 1 tablet (400 mg s... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment Severe renal impairment (eGFR <30mL/min/1.73 m²) or ESRD: No dosage recommendation can be give owing to higher exposures (up to 20-fol... View More
Mode of Action
Sofosbuvir: Inhibitor of HCV NS5B RNA-dependent polymerase; its inhibition, in turn, suppresses viral replication Velpatasvir: Pangenotypic HCV NS5A in... View More
Direct-acting antivirals (DDAs) may reactivate hepatitis B virus (HBV) in patients who have a current or previous HBV infection while being treated for ... View More
>10% Without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis Headache (22%),Fatigue (15%) With decompensated cirrhosis Fatigue (32%),Anemia (26%),Hemoglob... View More
Coadministration with drugs that increase gastric pH are expected to decrease velpatasvir serum concentration
Alternative brand for Sofosvel
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More