Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Apetiz 100. Please consult your doctor.
Apetiz 100 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful e... View More
Apetiz 100 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Apetiz 100 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Apetiz 100 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Apetiz 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Apetiz 100 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Apetiz 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Apetiz 100 is used to treat breast cancer and endometrial cancer. It specifically helps treat breast and endometrial cancer that are hormone dependent. ... View More
Uses of Apetiz 100
- Breast cancer
- Endometrial cancer
Side effects of Apetiz 100
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes
- High blood pressure
- Increased glucose level in blood
How to use Apetiz 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Apetiz 100 may be taken wi... View More
How Apetiz 100 works
Apetiz 100 is a progestin (female hormone). It works in patients with breast cancer and endometrial cancer by affecting female hormones involved in canc... View More
- Apetiz 100 is used to treat women with certain hormone-dependent cancers such as breast cancer and endometrial cancer.
- It may also be used for treating appetite and weight loss in people with advanced cancer or AIDS.
- You may have to take it for atleast 2 months before you notice any changes in your appetite.
- Your doctor might do regular blood tests to check your hormones and blood sugar levels while you are taking this medicine.
- Do not take Apetiz 100 if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes i... View More
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Contraception, Breast carcinoma, Endometrial carcinoma, Anorexia and Cachexia
Should be taken with food.
Oral Palliative treatment of breast carcinoma Adult: 40 mg 4 times daily or 160 mg once daily. Palliative treatment of endometrial carcinoma Adult... View More
Renal impairment: Use with caution; in normal renal function, 57-78% is excreted in urine within 10 days
Pregnancy and lactation. Severe hepatic impairment.
Mode of Action
Megestrol is a progestogen used as an antineplastic and appetite stimulant. The mechanism of it's antineoplastic effects is not known but may be due to ... View More
History of thrombophlebitis, mild to moderate hepatic impairment, risk of fluid retention, history of depression, diabetes, hypertension, renal or cardi... View More
Common Hypertension,Insomnia, mood swings Rash, sweating,Amenorrhea, breakthrough bleeding, change in menstrual flow, hot sweats, impotence, spotting ... View More
Concentrations of indinavir may be reduced. Possible reduced efficacy of cisplatin. Warfarin half life may be increased. Megestrol concentration may be ... View More
Alternative brand for Apetiz 100
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More