Bolardi 250250mg(5 billion CFU)
Square Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Additional OffersShow all
Each capsule contains-
- Saccharomyces boulardii 250 mg (Eqv. to 5 billion CFU) or
- Saccharomyces boulardii 500 mg (Eqv. to 10 billion CFU).
Saccharomyces Boulardii is indicated for the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Diarrhea associated with antibiotics
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Recurring intestinal disease caused by Clostridium difficile
- Side effects of treatment for Helicobacter pylori
- Symptoms of acute diarrhea
- Diarrhea in infants
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis and IBS
Herbal and Nutraceuticals
Saccharomyces boulardii strain survives stomach acid to colonize in the intestinal tract while acting as a temporary flora to protect the beneficial organisms of the intestine. Additionally, it works with the body to re establish the microflora, thereby helping to maintain and support healthy immunity, digestion and gut health. It shows the following actions:
Anti-toxin activity: S. boulardii produces proteins that work to neutralize bacterial toxins. This may include the toxins produced by Clostridium diffcile.
Anti-microbial: S. boulardii adheres to pathogens, which decreases their adhesion to the intestinal wall and decreases invasion of enterocytes into the body. These pathogens are then removed during bowel movements.
Enzymatic activity: In healthy adults, S. boulardii increases the enzymatic activities (lactase, alpha glucosidase, alkaline phosphatase). The production of intestinal polyamines by S. boulardii is one of its most relevant and specific mechanisms of action. The polyamines spermidine, spermine, and putrescine enhance the expression of brush border enzymes (such as hydrolases, proteases, and transport molecules).
Immune Enhancement: S. boulardii helps prevent infection by stimulating the immune system along the GI lining by increasing the protective antibody IgA.
Anti-inflammatory: S. boulardii causes a decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Dosage & Administration
- For diarrhea associated with the use of antibiotics: 250-500 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii two to four times a day.
- For diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile: 1 gram of Saccharomyces boulardii daily for 4 weeks along with antibiotic treatment.
- For reduction in symptoms of acute diarrhea: 250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii twice a day for 5 days.
- For diarrhea in Crohn's disease: 250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii three times daily has been used for up to 9 weeks.
- For diarrhea in ulcerative colitis: 250 mg of Saccharomyces boulardii three times daily.
- For treatment of infections due to Helicobacter pylori: 250 mg-500 mg Saccharomyces boulardii twice daily in addition to usual treatment.
- For diarrhea in Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): 250 mg capsule twice daily.
- For traveler's diarrhea: The recommended dosage is 250 mg capsule per day.
- For reduction in symptoms of acute diarrhea: Children over three months are recommended to take two doses of 250 mg a day for five days. Children under three months are recommended to take 125 mg twice daily for five days.
Taking Saccharomyces boulardii with medications for fungal infections (e.g. fluconazole, itraconazole, terbinafine and others) can reduce the effectiveness of it.
It is contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Saccharomyces boulardii or any other components of this product.
Saccharomyces boulardii is likely safe for most adults when taken by mouth. It can cause gas in some people.
Pregnancy & Lactation
There is no available information about the safety of taking Saccharomyces boulardii in pregnancy and lactation.
Store below 25° C, away from direct sunlight & moisture. Keep out of reach of children.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More