Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Campto. Please consult your doctor.
Campto is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in so... View More
Campto is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Campto may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Campto is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Campto may not be needed in thes... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Campto in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Campto is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum. It shows its working by stopping or slowing down the growth of cancer cells. Campto is g... View More
Uses of Campto
- Cancer of colon and rectum
Side effects of Campto
- Hair loss
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- Decreased appetite
- Mucosal inflammation
How to use Campto
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Campto works
Campto is an anti-cancer medication. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase I) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer ce... View More
What if you forget to take Campto?
If you miss a dose of Campto, please consult your doctor.
- Campto is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of metastatic cancer of the colon and rectum.
- It is given via a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion).
- It may cause dizziness and visual disturbances. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, kidney and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat or rash.
- Inform your doctor if you notice passage of blood in stools or experience dizziness or faintness, continuous episodes of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or f... View More
Carcinoma of the colon or rectum
Reconstitution: Dilute in 5% dextrose injection (preferred) or 0.9% sodium chloride injection to a final concentration of 0.12-2.8 mg/ml.
Intravenous Colorectal Cancer Indicated as first-line therapy (with 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin) for metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC); it is also ... View More
Patients with a known hypersensitivity to the drug or its excipients.
Mode of Action
Irinotecan, a derivative of camptothecin, works by inhibiting the enzyme topoisomerase I thereby interfering with the coiling and uncoiling of DNA durin... View More
Early diarrhea is usually transient and infrequently severe. It may be accompanied by cholinergic symptoms of rhinitis, increased salivation, miosis, la... View More
>10% Anemia (>90%),Leukopenia (>90%),Neutropenia (>90%),Thrombocytopenia (>90%),Elevated bilirubin (88%),Diarrhea (85%),Nausea (79%),Asthenia (70%),Abd... View More
Diuretics increase risks of dehydration secondary to vomiting/diarrhoea; prophylactic dexamethasone as an antiemetic may enhance lymphocytopenia; prochl... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More