Square Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Canaglif 100.
Canaglif 100 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Information regarding the use of Canaglif 100 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Canaglif 100 is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Canaglif 100 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Canaglif 100 may be needed. Please consult your docto... View More
Canaglif 100 is used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control the high blood sugar levels seen i... View More
Uses of Canaglif 100
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Canaglif 100
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Urinary tract infection
- Increased thirst
How to use Canaglif 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Canaglif 100 is to be take... View More
How Canaglif 100 works
Canaglif 100 is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by removing excess sugar from your body through urine.
What if you forget to take Canaglif 100?
If you miss a dose of Canaglif 100, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to y... View More
- Canaglif 100 is used alone or together with other diabetes medicines to control blood sugar and avoid long-term complications.
- It may cause your body to lose too much fluid (dehydration) or you may urinate more often. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- It can cause genital fungal and/or urinary tract infections (UTIs) in both females and males, so practice good hygiene.
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience constant dizziness, joint pain, cold-like symptoms or unexplained nausea/vomiting.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Adults >18 years: Recommended Dose: 100 mg PO once daily taken before the first meal of the day May increase dose to 300 mg once daily in patients to... View More
Renal impairment eGFR >60 mL/min/1.73 m²: No dosage adjustment required eGFR 45 to <60 mL/min/1.73 m²: Do not exceed 100 mg/day eGFR <4... View More
History of a serious hypersensitivity reaction and hypersensitivity to canagliflozin. Severe renal impairment (eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m2), end stage rena... View More
Mode of Action
Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 SGLT-2 inhibition lowers the renal glucose threshold (ie, the plasma glucose concentration which exceed the maximum gluc... View More
Causes intravascular volume contraction and symptomatic hypotension can occur, particularly if eGFR <60 mL/min/1.73 m²2, advance age, existing low systo... View More
>10% Female genital mycotic infections (10.4-11.4%) 1-10% Increased urination (4.6-5.3%),Male genital mycotic infections (3.7-4.2%),Vulvovaginal pr... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Based on animal data showing adverse renal effects, not recommended during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy Data are limited i... View More
Decreased efficacy w/ rifampicin. Increase AUC & Cmax of digoxin (not clinically meaningful).
Alternative brand for Canaglif 100
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More