Mundipharma (Bangladesh) Pvt. Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Carbocontin may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Carbocontin is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it ... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Carbocontin is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is no... View More
Carbocontin may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
There is limited information available on the use of Carbocontin in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
There is limited information available on the use of Carbocontin in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Carbocontin is an anti-epileptic medicine used to treat epilepsy. It helps prevent certain types of seizures (fits). It is also prescribed for a painful... View More
Uses of Carbocontin
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Side effects of Carbocontin
- Balance disorder (loss of balance)
- Slurred speech
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
How to use Carbocontin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Carbocontin may be taken w... View More
How Carbocontin works
Carbocontin is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the bra... View More
What if you forget to take Carbocontin?
If you miss a dose of Carbocontin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to yo... View More
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may get regular tests done to monitor the level of blood cells in your blood while taking this medication.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Inform your doctor if you notice a rash or other skin changes such as reddish spot or circular patches while taking this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Epilepsy, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Trigeminal neuralgia
Should be taken with food. Avoid grapefruit juice.
Oral Epilepsy Adults - Initial: Either 200 mg b.i.d. for tablets and XR tablets, or 1 teaspoon q.i.d. for suspension (400 mg/day). Increase at weekl... View More
Epilepsy <6 Years Initial (oral suspension): 10-20 mg/kg/day PO q6hr Initial (tablet): 10-20 mg/kg/day PO q8-12hr Maintenance: For tablets or suspe... View More
Hypersensitivity; bone marrow depression; porphyria, pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Carbamazepine reduces polysynaptic responses and blocks post-tetanic potentiation. It is effective in partial and generalised convulsions as well as in ... View More
Lactation; CV disease, hepatic or renal disorders, history of blood disorders or haematological reactions to other drugs; glaucoma; skin disorders; elde... View More
>10% Ataxia (15%),Dizziness (44%),Drowsiness (32%),Nausea (29%),Vomiting (18%) 1-10% Dry mouth (8%) Rare MI,Stevens-Johnson syndrome Hepatic... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: D Lactation: Enters breast milk; not recommended (AAP states compatible with nursing; however, adverse reactions in breastfeeding... View More
Increased plasma levels w/ CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. cimetidine). Decreased plasma levels w/ CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. cisplatin). Increased risk of neurotoxi... View More
Alternative brand for Carbocontin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More