Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Empadus 25.
Empadus 25 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Information regarding the use of Empadus 25 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Empadus 25 is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Empadus 25 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Empadus 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Empadus 25 is used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control the high blood sugar levels seen in ... View More
Uses of Empadus 25
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Empadus 25
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Genital fungal infection
- Increased thirst
- Urinary tract infection
How to use Empadus 25
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Empadus 25 may be taken wi... View More
How Empadus 25 works
Empadus 25 is an antidiabetic medication. It works by removing excess sugar from your body through urine.
What if you forget to take Empadus 25?
If you miss a dose of Empadus 25, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Empadus 25 is used alone or together with other diabetes medicines to control blood sugar and avoid long-term complications.
- It may cause your body to lose too much fluid (dehydration) or you may urinate more often. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- It can cause genital fungal and/or urinary tract infections (UTIs) in both females and males, so practice good hygiene.
- Monitor your blood sugar regularly while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience constant dizziness, joint pain, cold-like symptoms or unexplained nausea/vomiting.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: Initially, 10 mg once daily in the morning, may be increased to 25 mg once daily, if necessary for additional gl... View More
CrCl (mL/min) <45 Contraindicated. <60 Max: 10 mg daily.
As treatment for type 1 DM or diabetic ketoacidosis. Renal impairment (CrCl <45 mL/min), ESRD, or patients on haemodialysis. Lactation.
Mode of Action
Empagliflozin is a reversible inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2), the main site of filtered glucose re-absorption in the renal proxima... View More
Hypotension: Before initiating Empagliflozin, volume status should be assessed and correction on hypovolemia should be made in the elderly, in patients ... View More
1-10% Urinary tract infection (7.6-9.3%) Female genital mycotic infections (5.4-6.4%) Upper respiratory tract infection (3.1-4%) Increased urination... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Based on animal data showing adverse renal effects, use not recommended during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy Limited data a... View More
Additive hypoglycaemic effect if concomitantly used w/ insulin and insulin secretagogues (e.g. sulfonylureas). Increased risk of dehydration and hypoten... View More
Alternative brand for Empadus 25
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More