Sanofi Bangladesh Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Cardophylin. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Cardophylin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develo... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Cardophylin is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is no... View More
Cardophylin does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Cardophylin should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Cardophylin may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Cardophylin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Cardophylin may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Cardophylin is used to treat and prevent symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (a lung disorder in which flow of air to the lung... View More
Uses of Cardophylin
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Side effects of Cardophylin
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How to use Cardophylin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cardophylin is to be taken... View More
How Cardophylin works
Cardophylin is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
- You have been prescribed Cardophylin for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjus... View More
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Oral Chronic bronchospasm Adult: As hydrate: Initially, 225-450 mg bid, increased if necessary. Intravenous Acute severe bronchospasm Adult: Load... View More
Other xanthines. Clearance reduced by allopurinol, some antiarrhythmics, cimetidine, disulfiram, fluvoxamine, interferon-alpha, macrolide antibiotics, q... View More
Neonates, elderly, lactation, pregnancy, cardiac/hepatic diseases, peptic ulceration, hyperthyroidism, hypertension, epilepsy, heart failure, chronic al... View More
Aminophylline is a combination of theophylline and ethylenediamine. Ethylenediamine is inactive; it increases the solubility of theophylline in water. T... View More
Oral Chronic bronchospasm Child: >3 yr: As modified-release hydrate: 12 mg/kg daily increased to 24 mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses after 1 wk. Intr... View More
Mode of Action
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach at least 1 hr before or 2 hr after meals.
Asthma, Acute bronchospasm, Chronic bronchitis, Emphysema, COPD
Pregnancy Category Note
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, headache, insomnia, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness; tremor, palpitations. Potentially Fatal: Convulsio... View More
Alternative brand for Cardophylin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More