Unimed Unihealth Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Duvir. Please consult your doctor.
Duvir is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there a... View More
Duvir is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Duvir may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Duvir, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepatitis c ... View More
Duvir should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Duvir may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited in... View More
Duvir is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Duvir is recommended.
Duvir is a combination of two antiviral medicines. This prescription medicine is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It ... View More
Uses of Duvir
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Side effects of Duvir
How to use Duvir
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Duvir may be taken with or... View More
How Duvir works
Duvir is a combination of two antiviral medicines: Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir. They work by lowering the amount of hepatitis C virus in the body and remo... View More
- Duvir is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- Skipping doses increases the risk of treatment failure. Make sure that you take all your doses at the correct time.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Duvir may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable painkiller. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice.
Chronic hepatitis C (CHC), genotype 1, 4 & 6 infection in adults.
Can be taken with or without food.
Oral Hepatitis C Indicated for adults with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotypes 1, 4, 5, or 6 infection Recommended dosage: One tablet (90 mg of... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment Mild or moderate: No dosage adjustment required Severe (eGFR <30 mL/min/1.73 m²) or ESRD: No dosage recommendation can be given
Mode of Action
Ledipasvir is an HCV NS5A inhibitor and Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide analog inhibitor of HCV NS5B polymerase. Ledipasvir is a potent inhibitor of HCV N... View More
Bradycardia with Amiodarone coadministration: Serious symptomatic bradycardia may occur in patients taking Amiodarone, particularly in patients also rec... View More
>10% Asthenia (31-36%),Fatigue (4-18%),Headache (13-29%),Cough (5-11%) 1-10% Nausea (6-9%),Diarrhea (3-7%),Dizziness (1-5%),Dyspnea (3-9%),Insomnia... View More
Reduced therapeutic effect w/ drugs that are potent P-gp inducers in the intestine (eg rifampicin, St. John's wort, carbamazepine & phenytoin), modafini... View More
Alternative brand for Duvir
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More