Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Nexdex 30. Please consult your doctor.
Nexdex 30 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, the... View More
Nexdex 30 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Nexdex 30 alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and r... View More
Nexdex 30 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Nexdex 30 is recommended.
Nexdex 30 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Nexdex 30 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Nexdex 30 is a medicine that reduces the amount of acid produced in your stomach. It is used for treating acid-related diseases of the stomach and intes... View More
Uses of Nexdex 30
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Acid reflux)
- Peptic ulcer disease
Side effects of Nexdex 30
- Abdominal pain
How to use Nexdex 30
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Nexdex 30 is to be taken empty stomach.
How Nexdex 30 works
Nexdex 30 is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and... View More
What if you forget to take Nexdex 30?
If you miss a dose of Nexdex 30, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- Nexdex 30 should be taken 1 hour before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Avoid eating late at night or before bedtime.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use of Nexdex 30 can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or... View More
- Consult your doctor right away if you develop decreased urination, edema (swelling due to fluid retention), lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash o... View More
Oesophagitis, Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Capsule: May take with or without food DR: Take at least 30 minutes before a meal
Erosive Esophagitis Capsule: Indicated for healing of all grades of erosive esophagitis (EE) and maintaining healing of EE DR: Indicated for maintaini... View More
<12 years Safety and efficacy not established >12 years Erosive Esophagitis Capsule: Indicated for healing of all grades of erosive esophagitis (E... View More
Mode of Action
R-enantiomer of lansoprazole; PPI; binds to H+/K+-exchanging ATPase (proton pump) in gastric parietal cells, resulting in blockage of acid secretion.Dua... View More
Hepatic impairment. Gastric malignancy should be ruled out. Pregnancy and lactation. Lactation Risk Summary There is no information regarding prese... View More
1-10% Diarrhea (5%),Abdominal pain (4%),Nausea (3%),URI (2-3%),Vomiting (1-2%),Flatulence (1%) <1% (Selected) Arrhythmia,Bradycardia,Barrett's esop... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy There are no studies with dexlansoprazole use in pregnant women to inform a drug-associated risk; dexlansoprazole is R-enantiomer of lansopra... View More
Increased risk of hypomagnesaemia w/ diuretics and digoxin. May decrease plasma concentration of erlotinib, dasatinib and lapatinib. May decrease the bi... View More
Alternative brand for Nexdex 30
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More