Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol while taking D-Zole 1gm may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heart beat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure (... View More
D-Zole 1gm may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
D-Zole 1gm should be used with caution during breastfeeding. Breastfeeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is... View More
D-Zole 1gm may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of D-Zole 1gm in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
D-Zole 1gm is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of D-Zole 1gm may not be needed ... View More
D-Zole 1gm is an antibiotic medicine that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria and parasites. It is used to treat infections of the liver... View More
Uses of D-Zole 1gm
- Bacterial & parasitic infections
Side effects of D-Zole 1gm
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal yeast infection
How to use D-Zole 1gm
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. D-Zole 1gm is to be taken ... View More
How D-Zole 1gm works
D-Zole 1gm is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
What if you forget to take D-Zole 1gm?
If you miss a dose of D-Zole 1gm, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor, even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- D-Zole 1gm used in a high dose or for a prolonged time increases the risk of side effects such as nerve damage. Take it only as prescribed by your docto... View More
- Do not drink alcohol during or for 2-3 days after treatment with this medicine. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
- D-Zole 1gm treats infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It may also be used to prevent infections following surgery.
Giardiasis, Amoebiasis, Trichomoniasis
Oral Trichomoniasis; Amoebiasis; Giardiasis Adult: 2 g as a single dose. Severe invasive amoebiasis Adult: 1.5 g daily as single or in divided dos... View More
Oral Trichomoniasis; Amoebiasis; Giardiasis Child: 30 mg/kg as a single dose. Severe invasive amoebiasis Child: 30 mg/kg daily for 5 days.
Hypersensitivity; pregnancy (1st trimester) and lactation.
Mode of Action
Secnidazole is active against E histolytica, G lamblia, T vaginalis, Clostridium spp, B fragilis, Gardnerella spp. The drug enters the microorganisms by... View More
Avoid alcohol and disulfiram. Avoid in patients with history of blood disorders.
Nausea, gastralgia, change of taste, metallic taste, stomatitis, urticaria, rashes, leucopenia. Rarely vertigo, moderate neurological, digestive disturb... View More
Concurrent disulfiram admin may cause psychotic reactions. Disulfiram-like reactions with alcohol. Cimetidine may prolong half-life. Potentially Fata... View More
Alternative brand for D-Zole 1gm
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More