The ACME Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Telisa-A 5/40.
Telisa-A 5/40 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe i... View More
Telisa-A 5/40 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the bab... View More
Telisa-A 5/40 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. It may cause dizziness, headaches, nausea or tiredness, all of which coul... View More
Telisa-A 5/40 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Telisa-A 5/40 is recommended.
Telisa-A 5/40 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Telisa-A 5/40 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Telisa-A 5/40 contains two medicines, both of which help to control high blood pressure. It lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels and ... View More
Uses of Telisa-A 5/40
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Telisa-A 5/40
- Ankle swelling
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Upset stomach
- Increased potassium level in blood
How to use Telisa-A 5/40
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Telisa-A 5/40 may be taken... View More
How Telisa-A 5/40 works
Telisa-A 5/40 is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and Amlodipine. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a ca... View More
- Telisa-A 5/40 is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Telisa-A 5/40 may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Telisa-A 5/40 if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Hypertension Initial Therapy: Patient may be initiated on Telmisartan/Amlodipine tablets if it is unlikely that control of blood pressure would be achi... View More
Amlodipine relaxes peripheral and coronary vascular smooth muscle. It produces coronary vasodilation by inhibiting the entry of Ca ions into the slow ch... View More
May increase frequency and/or severity of angina during treatment initiation or dosage increments. Heart failure or hepatic impairment. Avoid fetal or... View More
Pregnancy Category: C (1st trimester); D (2nd & 3rd trimesters)
Telmisartan, a non-peptide angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB), is specific angiotensin II antagonist acting on the AT1 subtype. Angiotensin II is the pr... View More
Mode of Action
May be taken with or without food.
Treatment of hypertension, alone or with other anti-hypertensive agents. It may also be used as initial therapy in patients who are likely to need multi... View More
Mild to moderate impairment: Dose adjustment not recommended
Pregnancy Category Note
>10% Peripheral edema (1-11%) 1-10% Dizziness (3%),Orthostatic hypotension (6%),Syncope (2%),Back pain (2%)
Known hypersensitivity to this product or any of its components. Pregnancy & lactation. Biliary obstructive disorders, severe hepatic impairment, hypote... View More
Alternative brand for Telisa-A 5/40
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More