Caprogen DS Injection500mg/ml
Nuvista Pharma Ltd
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Caprogen DS Injection. Please consult your doctor.
Caprogen DS Injection is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; ... View More
Caprogen DS Injection is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount... View More
Caprogen DS Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Caprogen DS Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor. This medicine co... View More
Caprogen DS Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Caprogen DS Injection is used to prevent premature labor in pregnant women in order to reduce the risk of giving birth too early (preterm birth). It pre... View More
Uses of Caprogen DS Injection
- Premature Labor
Side effects of Caprogen DS Injection
How to use Caprogen DS Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Caprogen DS Injection works
Caprogen DS Injection is a progestin (female hormone). It works by modulating the immune response of the mother to prevent rejection of the embryo and a... View More
- Caprogen DS Injection is used in pregnant women to help lower the risk of giving birth too early (preterm birth).
- It is only given to a woman who has had a preterm delivery in the past.
- It is not for use in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (twins, triplets, etc.).
- It is administered only by or under the immediate supervision of your doctor. Your doctor can start giving you the injection every week between 16 and 2... View More
- It may affect blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain. These could be symptoms of a serious liver problem.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have pain in the chest, groin or legs, difficulty with breathing, sudden severe headache, slurred speech, sudden u... View More
Preterm Labor, Recurrent miscarriage, Amenorrhoea, Abnormal uterine bleeding, Palliative treatment of advanced, inoperable endometrial carcinoma
IM Administration Inject IM over 1 minute in upper outer quadrant of the gluteus maximus Inject IM over 1 minute in upper outer quadrant of the gluteu... View More
Intramuscular Preterm Labor Indicated for prevention of preterm labor in a singleton pregnancy for patients aged 16 years or older who have a history ... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Not studied in patients with renal impairment
Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, breast cancer, pregnancy, lactation. Thrombophlebitis, thromboembolic disorders, cerebral apoplexy or a history of these c... View More
Mode of Action
Hydroxyprogesterone caproate stimulates luteal actions, changes in uterus and vagina as seen in early pregnancy. It also has prolonged uterotrophic effe... View More
Physical examination is advised prior to starting therapy. Hepatic impairment, mental depression. Monitor blood glucose in diabetic patients. Discontinu... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
No adequate or well-controlled studies in women during first trimester
Increased clearance when used with enzyme inducers e.g. carbamazepine and phenytoin. May inhibit metabolism of ciclosporin.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More