Popular Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Medroxy Inj. Please consult your doctor.
Medroxy Inj is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful ... View More
Medroxy Inj is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is no... View More
Medroxy Inj may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Medroxy Inj in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Medroxy Inj is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Medroxy Inj similar to the progesterone hormone naturally produced by the body. It helps in regulating the periods, stop irregular bleeding, and for wit... View More
Uses of Medroxy Inj
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Side effects of Medroxy Inj
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular menstrual cycle
How to use Medroxy Inj
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Medroxy Inj may be taken w... View More
How Medroxy Inj works
Medroxy Inj is a progestin (female hormone). It works by replacing the natural progesterone hormone that the body is unable to make. This treats painful... View More
- Medroxy Inj is used for a wide range of menstrual disorders such as heavy, painful or absent periods, and endometriosis.
- It may cause bleeding or spotting in between menstrual periods. Let your doctor know if this occurs frequently.
- Stop taking Medroxy Inj and inform your doctor immediately if you get severe headaches, stabbing pains or swelling in one leg, pain on breathing, sudden... View More
- Use a non-hormonal method of contraception such as condoms to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medication.
- Do not take Medroxy Inj if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, have unusual vaginal bleeding, or have a history of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, live... View More
Menorrhagia, endometriosis, secondary amenorrhoea, contraception, abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance in the absence of organic patholog... View More
May be taken with or without food. Incidence of minor indigestion may increase as dose increases. Take w/ meals if necessary.
Oral Amenorrhea, Uterine Bleeding Uterine bleeding: 5-10 mg/day PO for 5-10 days; beginning day 16 or 21 of the menstrual cycle; withdrawal bleeding m... View More
Thromboembolic disorders; cerebral apoplexy; severe hepatic dysfunction; incomplete abortion, hormone-dependent carcinoma; Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding,... View More
Mode of Action
Medroxyprogesterone is a synthetic progestogen which converts the proliferative phase of the endometrium into secretory phase. It has some androgenic an... View More
Breakthrough bleeding is likely to occur in patients being treated for endometriosis. May cause some degree of fluid retention, conditions which might b... View More
>10% Amenorrhea,Breakthrough bleeding,Change in menstrual flow,Spotting,Edema,Anorexia,Weakness,Pain at injection site Frequency Not Defined Angioe... View More
Aminoglutethimide and enzyme-inducing drugs (e.g. carbamazepine, griseofulvin, phenobarbital, rifampicin, phenytoin) may reduce plasma concentrations le... View More
Alternative brand for Medroxy Inj
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More