Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Nilonix 200 does not cause any harmful side effects.
Nilonix 200 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it ... View More
Nilonix 200 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Nilonix 200 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Nilonix 200 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Nilonix 200 may not be need... View More
Nilonix 200 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Nilonix 200 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Nilonix 200 is used in the treatment of blood cancer (chronic myeloid leukaemia). It is used in patients whose disease could not be treated with other m... View More
Uses of Nilonix 200
- Blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia)
Side effects of Nilonix 200
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Muscle pain
How to use Nilonix 200
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Nilonix 200 is to be taken empty stomach.
How Nilonix 200 works
Nilonix 200 is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to s... View More
What if you forget to take Nilonix 200?
If you miss a dose of Nilonix 200, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Nilonix 200 is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe... View More
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Chronic myelogenous leukaemia
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Avoid food at least 2 hr before & at least 1 hr after a dose. Swallow whole, do not chew/crush. Avoid grapefruit pr... View More
Oral Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), Newly Diagnosed Indicated for initial treatment of newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic phase... View More
<18 years old: Not recommended
Patients with hypokalaemia, hypomagnaesemia or long QT syndrome. Pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Nilotinib is a potent inhibitor of BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase. It binds to and stabilises the inactive conformation of the kinase domain of Abl protein.
Patient w/ history of pancreatitis, w/ total gastrectomy. Hepatic impairment. Maintain adequate hydration and correct uric acid levels, hypomagnesaemia,... View More
>10% Rash (33%),Headache (31%),Nausea (31%),Pruritus (29%),Fatigue (28%),Pyrexia (24%),Diarrhea (22%),Constipation (21%),Vomiting (21%),Arthralgia (18%... View More
Drugs that inhibit gastric acid secretion (e.g. PPIs) may reduce solubility and bioavailability of nilotinib. Potentially Fatal: Concomitant use w/ p... View More
Alternative brand for Nilonix 200
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More