Combination-30.15 mg+0.03 mg
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Combination-3. Please consult your doctor.
Combination-3 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmfu... View More
Combination-3 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
It is not known whether Combination-3 alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate a... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Combination-3 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Combination-3 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Combination-3 is a medicine used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods. It helps to prevent release of the ... View More
Uses of Combination-3
Side effects of Combination-3
- Breast pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
How to use Combination-3
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Combination-3 may be taken... View More
How Combination-3 works
Combination-3 is a combined oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to p... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Combination-3 to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persis... View More
- Do not use Combination-3 if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain ... View More
Oral Contraception Adult The dosage of levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol tablets is one white tablet daily for 21 consecutive days, followed by one... View More
Renal Impairment Use caution; monitor blood pressure
Pregnancy, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, severe arterial disease (or family history of atherogenic lipid profile); liver adenoma; porphyria; after evacu... View More
Mode of Action
Combination of hormonal contraceptives inhibits ovulation by modulating pituitary secretion of gonadotrophins, luteinising hormone and follicle stimulat... View More
Sex-steroid dependent cancer; past ectopic pregnancy; malabsorption syndromes; functional ovarian cysts; active liver disease, recurrent cholestatic jau... View More
Menstrual irregularities; headache, dizziness; breast discomfort; gynaecomastia; depression; disturbance of appetite; wt changes; fluid retention; oedem... View More
CYP3A4 inducers may decrease levels/effects eg aminoglutethimide, carbamazepine, nafcillin, nevirapine, atazanavir, nelfinavir, phenobarbital, phenytoin... View More
Alternative brand for Combination-3
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More