SMC Enterprise Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with SmartPill Lite. Please consult your doctor.
SmartPill Lite is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmf... View More
SmartPill Lite is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.... View More
SmartPill Lite does not usually affect your ability to drive.
SmartPill Lite is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
SmartPill Lite is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
SmartPill Lite is a combination of two medicines used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods. It helps to pr... View More
Uses of SmartPill Lite
Side effects of SmartPill Lite
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
How to use SmartPill Lite
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. SmartPill Lite may be take... View More
How SmartPill Lite works
SmartPill Lite is a combined oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to ... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed SmartPill Lite to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persis... View More
- Do not use SmartPill Lite if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain,... View More
- Stop taking SmartPill Lite and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pa... View More
Acne, Oral contraception, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
May be taken with or without food. Take dose at the same time each day. Women should be instructed to take the tablets at about the same time every day... View More
Contraception 1 active tablet (3 mg drospirenone/0.03 mg EE) PO qDay for 21 days, THEN 1 inert tablet PO qDay for 7 days 1 active tablet (3 mg drosp... View More
Contraception <14 years: Safety and efficacy not established >14 years: Same dosing as adult
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <50 Avoid use.
Pregnancy. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Renal insufficiency, hepatic dysfunction or tumor. Adrenal insufficiency, cholestatic jaundice of preg... View More
Mode of Action
Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic oestrogen while drospirenone is a progestogen with antimineralocorticoid and antiandrogenic activity. Combined oral cont... View More
May increase risk of breast cancer, thromboembolism and glucose intolerance. May lead to hyperkalaemia in patients with adrenal insufficiency. May affec... View More
>10% Premenstrual syndrome (13.2%),Migraine/headache (10.7%) 1-10% Breast pain/discomfort/tenderness (8.3%),Menstrual irregularities (4.7%),Nausea/... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: X Lactation: Small amounts of steroids are excreted in breast milk; estrogens may reduce quality/quantity of milk; may be prudent... View More
Increased risk of hyperkalaemia when used with ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor antagonists, aldosterone antagonists, potassium salts or NSAIDs. ... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More