Orion Pharma Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Dephan. Please consult your doctor.
Dephan may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
Dephan is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Dephan may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Dephan is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Dephan may not be needed in thes... View More
Dephan is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Dephan is an antitussive medicine. It is used for the treatment of dry cough. Dephan can be taken with or without food, but take it at the same time t... View More
Uses of Dephan
- Dry cough
Side effects of Dephan
- Respiratory depression
How to use Dephan
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and ta... View More
How Dephan works
Dephan is an antitussive (cough suppressants). It suppresses cough by reducing the activity of cough centre in the brain.
What if you forget to take Dephan?
If you miss a dose of Dephan, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your re... View More
- You have been prescribed Benadryl DR Syrup for the symptomatic relief of dry cough.
- It is usually taken for a short time, until the symptoms clear up.
- Allow the lozenge or disintegrating strip to dissolve in your mouth. Do not chew or swallow.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- It should not be administered to patients with chronic cough or where cough is accompanied by excessive secretions.
- Inform your doctor if your cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache. These could be signs of a serious condition... View More
Cough suppression, Flu, Common cold
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Cough suppressant Adults (>12 years of age): 10-20 mg (1-2 teaspoonful) every 4 hours, or 30 mg (3 teaspoonful) every 6-8 hours. Do not exceed ... View More
Oral Cough suppressant Children 6 to 12 years of age: 5-10 mg (1/2-1 teaspoonful) every 4 hours, or 15 mg (11/2 teaspoonful) every 6-8 hours. Do not ... View More
Hypersensitivity to Dextromethorphan or any other component.
Mode of Action
Dextromethorphan is a centrally acting cough suppressant which acts on the cough centre in the medulla.
Do not use Dextromethorphan to control a cough that is associated with smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or a cough that is productive (produces sputum or ... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: C Lactation: Not known if excreted in breast milk; use caution
Dextromethorphan: Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), antipsychotics, anxiolytics and hypnotics, cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, domperidone, metoclopramide, m... View More
Alternative brand for Dephan
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More