Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Depomed.
Depomed may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
Depomed is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not ha... View More
Depomed may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Undesirable effects, such as dizziness, vertigo, visual disturbances and fatigu... View More
Depomed is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Depomed is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any under... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Depomed in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Depomed is a medicine used to treat wide variety of medical conditions such as severe conditions, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin and eye disorders, an... View More
Uses of Depomed
- Rheumatic disorder
- Skin disorders
- Eye disorders
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Side effects of Depomed
- Thinning of skin
- Increased risk of infection
- Reduction in bone density
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Upset stomach
- Behavioural changes
How to use Depomed
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Depomed is to be taken wit... View More
How Depomed works
Depomed is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) an... View More
- Depomed helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inf... View More
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Depomed can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Depomed. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Depomed suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive, Corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses, Chronic contact dermatitis, Seborrheic dermatitis, Asthmatic patients, All... View More
Intra-articular Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive Adult: As methylprednisolone acetate: 4-10 mg (small joints); 10-40 mg (medium joints); 2... View More
Methylprednisolone acetate is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the product and its constituents. Intramuscular corticosteroid... View More
Mode of Action
Methylprednisolone is a synthetic corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity and minimal mineralocorticoid properties. It decreases inflammation... View More
Patient w/ heart failure, HTN, DM, GI disease (e.g. diverticulitis, intestinal anastomoses, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis), multiple sclerosis, myast... View More
Allergic Reactions Allergic or hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylactoid reaction, anaphylaxis, angioedema. Cardiovascular Bradycardia, cardiac arr... View More
Loss of corticosteroid-induced adrenal suppression w/ aminoglutethimide. Risk of hypokalaemia w/ K-depleting agents (e.g. amphotericin B, diuretics). De... View More
Alternative brand for Depomed
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More