MGH Healthcare Limited(Mfg. by: AstraZeneca)
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Zoladex 10.8. Please consult your doctor.
Zoladex 10.8 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful... View More
Zoladex 10.8 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Zoladex 10.8 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Zoladex 10.8 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Zoladex 10.8 is recommended.
Zoladex 10.8 is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Zoladex 10.8 is recommended.
Zoladex 10.8 is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men and for breast cancer, endometriosis and uterine fibroids in women. In combination with... View More
Uses of Zoladex 10.8
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Female infertility
Side effects of Zoladex 10.8
- Increased sweating
- Decreased libido
How to use Zoladex 10.8
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Zoladex 10.8 works
Zoladex 10.8 is a synthetic hormone. In men, it works by reducing the level of testosterone (male hormone) which causes regression of prostate tumor and... View More
- Zoladex 10.8 is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men and for breast cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids in women.
- It may also be used along with other medicines to treat infertility in women.
- It is a prefilled syringe that is injected under the skin of the abdomen, every 28 days.
- It may cause a reduction in bone mineral density and weakened bones. Your doctor may prescribe other medicines to reduce bone loss.
- Inform your doctor if you start to feel depressed or have disturbing thoughts or feelings during treatment with this medicine.
- Vaginal bleeding may occur in the first month after starting treatment and usually stops on its own. Inform your doctor if bleeding continues.
Palliative treatment of prostatic carcinoma, Pituitary desensitisation before ovulation induction with gonadotrophins, Breast Cancer, Endometriosis
Subcutaneous Palliative treatment of prostatic carcinoma Adult: 3.6 mg injected into the anterior abdominal wall every 28 days or 10.8 mg every 12 wk.... View More
Hypersensitivity; pregnancy, lactation.
Mode of Action
Goserelin is a potent inhibitor of pituitary gonadotrophin secretion. Initially, it causes an increase in the serum levels of FSH and LH but chronic adm... View More
Urinary tract obstruction or spinal cord compression (when used for prostate cancer); decreased bone density in women. Contraceptive measures should be ... View More
>10% Flushing (46-96%),Vaginitis (5-75%),Hot flashes (62%),Reduced libido (47-61%),Mood swings (60%),Depression (women 54%),Sweating (16-45%),Acne (42%... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More