Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Dinogest Plus. Please consult your doctor.
Dinogest Plus is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmfu... View More
Dinogest Plus is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Nonhormonal and progestin-only contrace... View More
Dinogest Plus does not usually affect your ability to drive.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
There is limited information available on the use of Dinogest Plus in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Dinogest Plus should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dinogest Plus may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Us... View More
Dinogest Plus is a combination of two medicines used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods. It helps to pre... View More
Side effects of Dinogest Plus
- Stomach pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
How to use Dinogest Plus
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Dinogest Plus may be taken... View More
How Dinogest Plus works
Dinogest Plus is an oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to prevent i... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Dinogest Plus to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persis... View More
- Do not use Dinogest Plus if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain,... View More
- Stop taking Dinogest Plus and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pai... View More
Adult: Dosing instruction may vary according to the brand.
For 21-day pack: Start dose on 1st day of menstrual cycle. 1 tabl... View More
History of or current thrombophlebitis or venous thromboembolic disorders; active or recent (within 1 yr) arterial thromboembolic disease e.g. stroke, M... View More
Mode of Action
Desogestrel is a progestogen that is structurally related to levonorgestrel while ethinylestradiol is a synthetic oestrogen. Used together, they inhibit... View More
May increase risk of breast cancer, glucose intolerance and thromboembolism. May affect serum levels of triglyceride and lipoprotein. Caution when used ... View More
Arterial/venous thromboembolism,Edema,Hypertension,MI,Cerebral hemorrhage,Headache,Migraine,Chloasma,Melasma,Breast swelling/tenderness,Menstrual cramps... View More
Serum levels may be increased when used with paracetamol, ascorbic acid, atorvastatin. Serum levels may be reduced by aprepitant, griseofulvin, modafini... View More