Ambee Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Diphedan.
Diphedan is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in ... View More
Diphedan is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not h... View More
Diphedan may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Diphedan should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Diphedan may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Diphedan should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Diphedan may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Diphedan is a prescription medicine used to treat and prevent epilepsy (seizures). It controls seizures by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activit... View More
Uses of Diphedan
Side effects of Diphedan
- Slurred speech
- Altered walking
How to use Diphedan
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Diphedan works
Diphedan is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.... View More
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may increase blood sugar levels. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines to treat diabetes.
- It may cause swollen gum (gum hypertrophy), hence take care of oral or dental hygiene.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Epilepsy, Tonic-clonic status epilepticus
IV Preparation Load IV in 250 mL NS; monitor BP IV/IM Administration Administer slowly; no more than 50 mg/min in adults and no more than 1-3 mg/kg... View More
Status epilepticus Load 10-15 mg/kg or 15-20 mg/kg at 25-50 mg/min, THEN Maintenance: 100 mg IV q6-8hr PRN Administer IV slowly; not to exceed 50 mg... View More
Status Epilepticus 15-20 mg/kg IV in single or divided dose; if necessary may administer additional dose of 5-10 mg/kg 10 min after loading dose Main... View More
Pregnancy. IV admin in sinus bradycardia, heart block, or Stokes-Adams syndrome.
Mode of Action
Phenytoin acts as an anticonvulsant by increasing efflux or decreasing influx of sodium ions across cell membranes in the motor cortex during generation... View More
Cardiovascular disease, e.g. sinus bradycardia, heart blocks; DM; hepatic impairment; hypoalbuminemia; porphyria; seizures (may increase frequency of pe... View More
Hypersensitivity, lack of appetite, headache, dizziness, tremor, transient nervousness, insomnia, GI disturbances (e.g. nausea, vomiting, constipation),... View More
Effects with other sedative drugs or ethanol may be potentiated. Enhances toxic effects of paracetamol, lithium. Increased risk of osteomalacia with ace... View More
Alternative brand for Diphedan
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More