Albion Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Aldopa.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Aldopa may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Aldopa is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby. Part... View More
Aldopa may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. As Aldopa may cause dizziness, drowsiness, double vision, which may affect your ... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Aldopa is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Aldopa may not be needed in thes... View More
Aldopa should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Aldopa may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Aldopa is a combination of two medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease. It is one of the most effective medications to relives symptoms of Parkinson... View More
Uses of Aldopa
- Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Aldopa
- Dryness in mouth
- Abnormal dreams
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
How to use Aldopa
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Aldopa is to be taken empt... View More
How Aldopa works
Aldopa is a combination of two medicines: Levodopa and Carbidopa which treats Parkinsonism. Levodopa is a dopamine precursor which gets converted to dop... View More
- You have been prescribed Aldopa to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- It can be taken with or without food or as directed by your doctor.
- Reduce/avoid a high-protein diet (e.g. meat, poultry, and dairy products) while you are taking the medicine as it can reduce the amount of medication ab... View More
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Aldopa can make you very sleepy.
- When you start the medication, get out of bed slowly, as the medication may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor. It may result in a serious syndrome that causes fever, stiff muscles, unusual body mov... View More
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or other changes in your behavior.
Parkinson Disease & Parkinson like Disorders Adult: PO: Immediate release: 25 mg/100 mg q8hr or 10 mg/100 mg PO q6-8hr initially; levodopa may be incre... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment: Safety and efficacy not established; use with caution
Lactation, narrow angle glaucoma, melanoma, psychosis, severely decompensated endocrine.
Mode of Action
Levodopa is the metabolic precurosor of dopamine, it crosses the blood-brain barrier and is converted to dopamine in the brain. Carbidopa increases the ... View More
Heart disease, liver disease, dementia, psychosis, pregnancy, elderly, heart disease. Regular monitoring of renal and hepatic function is reccomended. ... View More
Edema,Agitation, anxiety, ataxia, bruxism, confusion, daytime somnolence decreased attention span, dyskinesia, dystonia, euphoria, insomnia, fainting, f... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: C Lactation: Drug inhibits lactation; use with caution
Pyridoxine reverses effects of levodopa. Type-B MAOIs have synergistic effect. Effect reduced by phenothiazines, haloperidol, reserpine, pyridoxine, dia... View More
Alternative brand for Aldopa
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More