Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Dobixin 50. Please consult your doctor.
Dobixin 50 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it i... View More
Information regarding the use of Dobixin 50 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Dobixin 50 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Dobixin 50 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Dobixin 50 is recommended. Caution is advised in patients with severe k... View More
Dobixin 50 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dobixin 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of D... View More
Dobixin 50 is used in the treatment of some kinds of cancer. It is also used in the treatment of breast cancer, where there is an increased cardiac risk... View More
Uses of Dobixin 50
Side effects of Dobixin 50
- Low blood platelets
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- Loss of appetite
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Painful blisters on hands and feet
How to use Dobixin 50
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Dobixin 50 works
Dobixin 50 is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
- Dobixin 50 helps treat cancer of the breast, blood, and ovaries.
- It is given through a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) by a doctor or nurse.
- It may make you feel tired or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for 6 months after stopping treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you notice sores, discolouration or any discomfort in your mouth.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver, and heart function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat or rash.
AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma, Ovarian carcinoma, Metastatic breast carcinoma, bladder carcinoma
Intravenous As Doxorubicin liposomal Kaposi's Sarcoma Indicated for AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma in patients after failure of prior systemic chemoth... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal Impairment Dose adjustment not necessary
Cardiac disease, neonates, pregnancy and lactation, prior irradiation to mediastinum. IM/SC admin. Severe myelosuppression due to previous treatment wit... View More
Mode of Action
Doxorubicin is a cytotoxic anthracycline antibiotic. The cytotoxic action results from its binding to DNA and inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis. Doxo... View More
Elderly, children, hepatic impairment. Monitor blood counts and ECG. Lactation: Enters breast milk/not recommended
>10% Kaposi's Sarcoma Anemia (>50%),Thrombocytopenia (>50%),Neutropenia (10-50%),Anemia (18.2%),Nausea (17%) Ovarian cancer >25% Hand-foot syndr... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: D Lactation: Enters breast milk/not recommended
Doxorubicin interacts with a number of other drugs e.g. antibiotics (aminoglycosides), steroids, aminophylline and propranolol. Potentially Fatal: Ch... View More
Alternative brand for Dobixin 50
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More