Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Epam.
Epam is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in some... View More
Epam is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Epam may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Epam may cause side effects such as reduced alertness, confusion, tiredness, dizzi... View More
Epam should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Epam may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Epam should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Epam may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Epam is not r... View More
Epam is a prescription medicine used for treating insomnia. It is generally used in combination with other medicines. It relaxes the brain and helps to ... View More
Uses of Epam
Side effects of Epam
- Impaired coordination
How to use Epam
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Epam may be taken with or ... View More
How Epam works
Epam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the n... View More
What if you forget to take Epam?
If you miss a dose of Epam, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regu... View More
- If you are taking Epam for the treatment of insomnia, it should not be used for more than 4 weeks.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- If you have been taking this medicine for a long time, regular monitoring of blood and liver functions may be required.
- Inform your doctor if you notice a rash or other skin changes such as reddish spots or circular patches while taking this medicine.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremo... View More
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Short-term management of insomnia Adult: 5 mg at night; increase to 10 mg if necessary. Elderly: and debilitated patients: ?normal adult dose.
Oral Infantile spasms Child: Infants: 125 mcg/kg bid; gradually increase to 250-500 mcg/kg bid.
Myasthenia gravis, narrow-angle glaucoma, severe respiratory insufficiency, sleep apnoea syndrome, severe hepatic impairment, porphyria.
Mode of Action
Nitrazepam is a benzodiazepine with a pronounced sleep-inducing activity. It depresses the reticular-activating system in the brainstem by enhancing the... View More
May induce anterograde amnesia; caution patients to have uninterrupted sleep of 7-8 hr after ingestion of dose. May impair ability to drive or operate m... View More
Hypotension, palpitation; agitation, aggressiveness, amnesia, ataxia, confusion, delusions, disorientation, dizziness, fatigue, hallucination, hangover,... View More
CNS depressant effect increased with alcohol, barbiturates, TCAs, phenothiazines, morphine derivatives. Effects may be antagonised by theophylline. Incr... View More
Alternative brand for Epam
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More