Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Epicin 10.
Epicin 10 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in... View More
Epicin 10 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Epicin 10 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Epicin 10 may cause episodes of nausea and vomiting, which can temporarily le... View More
Epicin 10 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Epicin 10 may not be needed i... View More
Epicin 10 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Epicin 10 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Epi... View More
Epicin 10 is used in the treatment of various types of cancers of blood, breast, stomach, lung, ovaries and soft tissues. It also helps to prevent the r... View More
Uses of Epicin 10
Side effects of Epicin 10
- Low blood platelets
- Hair loss
- Absence of menstrual periods
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Weight loss
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- Hot flashes
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
- Low energy
- Eye disorder
How to use Epicin 10
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Epicin 10 works
Epicin 10 is an anti-cancer medication. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the breas... View More
- Epicin 10 is used alone or in combination with other medicines for the treatment of various types of cancers.
- It is given through a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) by a doctor or nurse.
- It may make you feel tired or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for 6 months after stopping treatment.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver, and heart function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat or rash.
Acute leukaemias; Lymphoma; Multiple myeloma, Breast cancer, Bladder carcinoma
IV Administration Administer infuse into tubing of a freely flowing infusion (NS or D5W) over 3-5 min Avoid extravasation, associated with severe ulce... View More
Adjuvant Breast Cancer Treatment Option 1 (Day 1 dose schedule) Day 1: Epirubicin 100 mg/m² IV, AND 5-fluorouracil 500 mg/m² IV, AND cyclophosphamide ... View More
Safety & efficacy not established
Renal Impairment SCr >5 mg/dL [>442 micromoles/L]: Decrease dose by 50%; test cardiac ejection fraction via MUGA before starting treatment
Cardiac impairment, severe or recent MI; previous full cumulative doses of anthracyclines. Hypersensitivity; severe hepatic dysfunction. Not for intrave... View More
Mode of Action
Epirubicin, an anthracycline with cytotoxic properties. It inhibits DNA and RNA synthesis by steric obstruction after intercalating between DNA base pai... View More
Previous extensive radiotherapy, bone infiltration by tumour, severe renal and hepatic dysfunction. May cause tumor lysis syndrome or radiation recall. ... View More
>10% Alopecia (96%),Nausea and vomiting (92%),Leukopenia or neutropenia (80%),Amenorrhea (72%),Anemia (72%),Mucositis (59%),Thrombocytopenia (49%),Leth... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Verify pregnancy status in female patients of reproductive potential prior to initiating Based on findings from animal studies and mechani... View More
Paclitaxel and other anthracyclines. Cimetidine, heparin. Antineoplastic drugs, cardiotoxic drugs, radiation, hepatoactive drugs.
Alternative brand for Epicin 10
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More