Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Etrax. Please consult your doctor.
Etrax may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing b... View More
Etrax is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Etrax may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Etrax in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Etrax in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Etrax is an antiparasitic medication. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. It works by killing the worms and this treats your infection. Etr... View More
Uses of Etrax
- Worm infections
Side effects of Etrax
- Abdominal pain
How to use Etrax
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Etrax is to be taken with ... View More
How Etrax works
Etrax is an antiparasitic medication. It works by suppressing the enzyme activity in the worm's muscle, causing its paralysis and death. This treats you... View More
- You have been prescribed Etrax to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Etra... View More
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Should be taken with food. Take w/ meals to minimise side effects eg nausea.
Oral Ascariasis Adult: 150 mg as a single dose. Mixed ascariasis-hookworm infections; Ancylostomiasis Adult: 2.5 mg/kg as a single dose, repeated ... View More
Oral Ascariasis Child: 3 mg/kg as a single dose. Mixed ascariasis-hookworm infections; Ancylostomiasis Child: 2.5 mg/kg as a single dose, repeated... View More
Preexisting blood disorders; pregnancy and lactation; rheumatoid arthritis; severe renal impairment.
Mode of Action
Levamisole is the active laevo-isomer of tetramisole. It works by paralysing susceptible intestinal worms which are then excreted from the intestines. L... View More
Hepatic impairment, Sjogren's syndrome.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, dizziness and headache. Fever, influenza-like syndrome, arthralgia, muscle pain, rash, taste disturbances a... View More
May increase toxicity of phenytoin. Increases bioavailability of ivermectin; decreases bioavailability of albendazole. Alcohol causes disulfiram-like re... View More
Alternative brand for Etrax
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More