Gonoshasthaya Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with G-Lomustin.
G-Lomustin is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it i... View More
Information regarding the use of G-Lomustin during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether G-Lomustin alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and ... View More
G-Lomustin should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of G-Lomustin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Regular... View More
There is limited information available on the use of G-Lomustin in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor. However, regular monitoring ... View More
G-Lomustin is used in the treatment of different kinds of cancers. It may be also used to treat other conditions, as determined by the doctor. G-Lomus... View More
Uses of G-Lomustin
- Brain tumor
- Lung cancer
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Malignant melanoma
Side effects of G-Lomustin
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Hair loss
- Decreased white blood cell count
How to use G-Lomustin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. G-Lomustin is to be taken empty stomach.
How G-Lomustin works
G-Lomustin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multip... View More
What if you forget to take G-Lomustin?
If you miss a dose of G-Lomustin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Take lomustine as recommended by your doctor preferably on empty stomach.
- Take precautions as lomustine is known to lower the white blood cells and platelets in blood that will make you more prone to infections or you may blee... View More
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe signs of infections such as fever, chills, body ache or if you have unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Do not receive any live vaccines [for eg. measles, mumps, MMR (Rubella), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, chickenpox, zoster and influenza vaccine] whi... View More
- Use disposable gloves while handling lomustine capsule to avoid direct contact with medicine.
- Use appropriate contraceptive measures while on lomustine treatment.
- Men are advised not to father children during treatment with lomustine and for up to 6 months afterwards, and should seek advice regarding sperm conserv... View More
- You may need to undergo frequent blood tests and kidney/lung/liver function tests to evaluate drugs effect on your body.
- Contact your doctor if you observe severe side effects such as chest discomfort, difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate, dry cough, wheezing, reduced/no... View More
Brain tumours, Hodgkin's disease, Lung cancer, Malignant melanoma
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach. May be taken at bedtime to reduce occurrence of nausea.
Oral Brain tumours; Hodgkin's disease, resistant or relapsed; Malignant melanoma; Lung cancer Adult: 100-130 mg/m2 as a single dose every 6 wk. Adjust... View More
Oral Brain tumours; Hodgkin's disease, resistant or relapsed; Malignant melanoma; Lung cancer Child: 75-150 mg/m2 as a single dose every 6 wk. Readjus... View More
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) Dosage Recommendation 10-50 Admin 75% of normal dose. <10 Admin 25-50% of normal dose.
Pregnancy and lactation.
Mode of Action
Lomustine inhibits the synthesis of DNA and RNA via alkylation although carbamoylation and modification of cellular proteins may also be involved.
Monitor CBC with differential platelet count wkly for at least 6 wk after a dose. Periodically perform pulmonary function studies and LFTs. Lactation... View More
>10% Nausea (54%),Vomiting (54%) 1-10% Neurotoxicity,Myelosuppression (delayed 4-5 weeks) Frequency Not Defined Ataxia,Lethargy,Disorientation,... View More
Increased levels/effects with CYP2D6 inhibitors.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More