Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Giane 35. Please consult your doctor.
Giane 35 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful eff... View More
Giane 35 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Giane 35 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Giane 35 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Giane 35 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Giane 35 is a combination of two hormonal medicines used to treat symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) such as excessive hair growth (hirsutism)... View More
Uses of Giane 35
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Side effects of Giane 35
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
- Mood changes
How to use Giane 35
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Giane 35 may be taken with... View More
How Giane 35 works
Giane 35 is a combination of two hormonal medicines: Cyproterone and Ethinyl Estradiol which treats PCOS symptoms such as acne, excessive hair growth (h... View More
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Do not use Giane 35 if you are obese, over 50, smoke, on prolonged bed rest or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking it and inform your doctor if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain or changes in vision.
- You may experience vaginal spotting (blood stain) or breakthrough bleeding while taking Giane 35. This is temporary, inform your doctor if it lasts long... View More
- If your period fails to come within a week after completing your course, do not start the next course, before consulting your doctor.
- It works as a contraceptive. So, do not use any additional hormonal contraceptives when using this medicine.
Acne, Contraception, Hirsutism, Prostatic carcinoma, Libido, Hot flushes
Should be taken with food. Take after meals.
Oral Contraception; Hirsutism; Acne Adult: 2 mg daily (with 35 mcg of ethinylestradiol daily) for 21 days of the menstrual cycle. Start 1st treatment ... View More
Markedly impaired liver function or cholestasis; Dubin-Johnson or Rotor syndrome, hepatic adenoma; malignant or wasting diseases; severe chronic depress... View More
Mode of Action
Cyproterone is a progestogen with anti-androgenic properties.Oestradiol is the major oestrogen in pre-menopausal women. Ethinylestradiol has similar act... View More
Prostate cancer, hepatic impairment, DM, history of depression, familial defects in lipoprotein metabolism, CV diseases. Monitor LFT, adrenocortical fun... View More
Inhibits spermatogenesis, reduces volume of ejaculate, causes infertility, produces abnormal spermatozoa, gynecomastia and enlargement of mammary glands... View More
Metabolism may be reduced by inhibitors of CYP3A4 e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, clotrimazole, ritonavir. Inducers of CYP3A4 e.g. rifampicin, phenytoi... View More
Alternative brand for Giane 35
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More