Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Imanix 400. Please consult your doctor.
Imanix 400 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it i... View More
Imanix 400 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby. Lac... View More
Imanix 400 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Imanix 400 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Imanix 400 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Imanix 400 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Imanix 400 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Imanix 400 belongs to the class of medicines known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. It is used in the treatment of blood cancer (chronic myeloid leukaemia... View More
Uses of Imanix 400
- Blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia)
- Blood cancer (Acute lymphocytic leukemia)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
Side effects of Imanix 400
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle cramp
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
How to use Imanix 400
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Imanix 400 is to be taken ... View More
How Imanix 400 works
Imanix 400 is an anti-cancer medication. A protein enzyme, bcr-abl tyrosine kinase, responsible for the growth of abnormal proliferation of cancer cells... View More
What if you forget to take Imanix 400?
If you miss a dose of Imanix 400, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Always take it with food and a full glass of water to prevent nausea.
- It may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imanix 400. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
- Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function and the number of blood cells in your blood.
Chronic myeloid leukaemia, Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, Myelodysplastic disease, Hypereosinophilic syndrome, Mastocytosis, Dermatofibrosarcoma protube... View More
Should be taken with food and large glass of water.
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Indicated for adults with relapsed or refractory Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)... View More
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Indicated for newly diagnosed adult and pediatric patients with Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemi... View More
Mode of Action
Imatinib, is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor that inhibits the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase created by the Philadelphia chromosome abnormality in chronic myeloid... View More
Cardiac disease or increased risk for CHF. Monitor for signs of severe fluid retention. Monitor CBC regularly. Renal and hepatic impairment. Monitor LFT... View More
>10% Edema (53%),Neutropenia (Grade 3: 7-27%; Grade 4: 3-48%),Nausea (43%),Muscle cramps (35%),Musculoskeletal pain (34%),Thrombocytopenia (Grade 3: 1-... View More
Increased serum levels w/ CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. azole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics). Reduced serum levels w/ CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. carbamazepine... View More
Alternative brand for Imanix 400
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More