Sanofi Bangladesh Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Imovane 7.5 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Imovane 7.5 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it ... View More
Imovane 7.5 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Imovane 7.5 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Imovane 7.5 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Imovane 7.5 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Imovane 7.5 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Imovane 7.5 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of... View More
Imovane 7.5 is a prescription medicine used for short term treatment of insomnia. It reduces sleep onset time and frequent awakening at night. This medi... View More
Uses of Imovane 7.5
Side effects of Imovane 7.5
- Metallic taste
How to use Imovane 7.5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Imovane 7.5 is to be taken... View More
How Imovane 7.5 works
Imovane 7.5 is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic. It has hypnotic and anxiolytic properties. It works by regulating the GABA receptor, thus relaxes the nerve... View More
What if you forget to take Imovane 7.5?
If you miss a dose of Imovane 7.5, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Your doctor has prescribed Imovane 7.5 to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- It is best taken without food as a high-fat meal can reduce its absorption and effect.
- Take it 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime and only when you have time to sleep for at least 7 hours.
- It makes you feel dizzy next morning. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It does not affect total sleep time. However, it reduces sleep onset time and frequent awakening at night.
- Never share your medication with any other person who also has a sleep problem.
- It may cause a bitter taste in your mouth or a dry mouth. Try sipping water and inform your doctor if it bothers you.
- Inform your doctor if your sleep doesn’t improve after 7 to 10 days of treatment.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor If you experience sleep driving or memory loss.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly as it may lead to anxiety, mood changes, and restlessness.
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Short-term management of insomnia Adult: 7.5 mg at bedtime. Elderly: Initially, 3.75 mg at bedtime. Hepatic impairment: Mild to moderate: I... View More
Child: Not recommended.
Renal impairment: Initiate at 3.75 mg at bedtime.
Myasthenia gravis; respiratory failure; severe sleep apnoea syndrome; severe hepatic impairment; pregnancy, lactation.
Mode of Action
Zopiclone is a cyclopyrrolone derivative with hypnotic and sedative actions, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant properties similar to benzodiazepines. I... View More
Hepatic and renal insufficiency; elderly; psychiatric disorders; history of drug abuse. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Limit treatmen... View More
Metallic or bitter aftertaste; irritability, confusion, depressed mood, aggressiveness, incoordination, anterograde amnesia, mild increase in LFTs, drow... View More
Reduced hypnotic effect with phenytoin and carbamazepine. Increased drowsiness and incoordination with TCAs. Increased CNS depressant effect with alcoho... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More