Globe Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Kanaprim.
Kanaprim is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in ... View More
Kanaprim is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Kanaprim may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Kanaprim in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Kanaprim in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Kanaprim is an antiparasitic medicine, used for the prevention and treatment of malaria. It works by killing malaria causing parasite and stops the infe... View More
Uses of Kanaprim
Side effects of Kanaprim
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal pain
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Upper abdominal pain
How to use Kanaprim
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Kanaprim is to be taken wi... View More
How Kanaprim works
Kanaprim is a an antiparasitic medication which treats malaria. It works by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malari... View More
- Kanaprim is used for the prevention and treatment of malaria.
- Take it with food to decrease the risk of stomach upset.
- Tips to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- It may cause blurring of vision, when you first start taking it. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Eye examination prior to and at 3–6 monthly intervals during use is required if patients are receiving Kanaprim at continuous high doses for longe... View More
- It may cause low blood sugar level. Monitor your blood sugar level regularly, if you are diabetic.
- When used long term, your doctor may monitor the amounts of the different types of blood cells in your blood regularly. Inform your doctor if you have u... View More
Should be taken with food. Take w/ meals to avoid GI discomfort.
Oral Prevention of relapse of P. vivax malaria 30 mg PO qDay for 14 days Uncomplicated P. vivax and P. ovale malaria 30 mg PO qDay for 14 days wi... View More
Oral Uncomplicated P. vivax and P. ovale malaria 0.5 mg/kg (30 mg/day maximum) qDay for 14 days with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine Chemoprophy... View More
Hypersensitivity. Childn <1 yr. Acute flare-ups of systemic diseases (RA, SLE) having tendency for agranulocytopaenia, Pregnancy and lactation.
Mode of Action
Primaquine is an 8-aminoquinoline antimalarial which eliminates the exoerythrocytic forms of malarial parasite P.vivax, P. falciparum by disrupting mito... View More
G6PD deficiency; pregnancy; NADH methaemoglobin reductase deficient patients. Monitor Hb levels and blood counts routinely. Patients with systemic disea... View More
>10% Abdominal pain,Hemolytic anemia in G6PD deficiency,Nausea,Vomiting <1-10% Methemoglobinemia in NADH-methemoglobin reductase-deficient individu... View More
Primaquine may inhibit metabolism of chloroquine. Avoid ethanol. Potentially Fatal: Mepacrine may potentiate toxicity of primaquine. Potentially haem... View More
Alternative brand for Kanaprim
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More