Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Labegest 100.
Labegest 100 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Labegest 100 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby... View More
Labegest 100 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Labegest 100 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Labegest 100 is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have... View More
Labegest 100 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Labegest 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Labegest 100 is a medicine used for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart-related chest pain (angina). It is also effective for treating... View More
Uses of Labegest 100
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Angina (heart-related chest pain)
- Prevention of heart attack and stroke
Side effects of Labegest 100
- Allergic reaction
- Ejaculation disorder
- Increased liver enzymes
- Difficulty in urination
How to use Labegest 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Labegest 100 is to be take... View More
How Labegest 100 works
Labegest 100 is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pu... View More
- It should be taken with food.
- Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Labegest 100, and inform your doctor if it has not improved.
- Labegest 100 may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.... View More
- It is best to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Labegest 100 as it may make the side effects worse.
- Do not stop taking Labegest 100 suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Hypertension, Hypotensive anaesthesia
Should be taken with food. Take immediately after meals. IV Preparation Standard diluent: 500 mg/250 mL D5W Minimum volume: 250 mL D5W IV Admini... View More
Oral Hypertension Adult: Initially, 100 mg bid, may increase gradually according to patients response to 200-400 mg bid. Max: 2.4 g/day in 2-4 divided... View More
Hypertensive Emergency 0.4-1 mg/kg/hr by continuous IV infusion; not to exceed 3 mg/kg/hr
2nd and 3rd degree heart block, cardiogenic shock, obstructive airway disease e.g. bronchial asthma, uncompensated heart failure, severe bradycardia, si... View More
Mode of Action
Labetalol competitively inhibits the adrenergic stimulation of beta-receptors w/in the myocardium, bronchial and vascular smooth muscle, and alpha1-rece... View More
Phaeochromocytoma, compensated heart failure, nonallergic bronchospasm. Avoid abrupt withdrawal. DM. Hepatic impairment. Perform LFTs. Elderly. Pregnanc... View More
>10% Dizziness (1-20%),Lightheadedness (1-20%),Nausea (<19%),Tingling sensation of scalp (4-12%),Fatigue (1-11%) 1-10% Elevated serum blood urea ni... View More
Synergistic hypotensive effect w/ halothane. Increased absolute bioavailability w/ cimetidine. Decreased absolute bioavailability w/ glutethimide. Addit... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More