Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Lamogin 25 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Lamogin 25 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Lamogin 25 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby. ... View More
Lamogin 25 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Lamogin 25 can cause dizziness and double vision. This may affect your abili... View More
Lamogin 25 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lamogin 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lamogin 25 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Lamogin 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lamogin 25 belongs to a group of medicines called anti-epileptics. It is used to treat two conditions, epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It works by blocki... View More
Uses of Lamogin 25
- Bipolar disoder
Side effects of Lamogin 25
- Skin rash
- Dryness in mouth
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Impaired coordination
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
How to use Lamogin 25
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lamogin 25 may be taken wi... View More
How Lamogin 25 works
Lamogin 25 is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brai... View More
What if you forget to take Lamogin 25?
If you miss a dose of Lamogin 25, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable pain killer. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause skin rash. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice a rash, itching and peeling of skin.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the frequency of seizure.
Epilepsy,—adjunctive therapy in patients aged 2 years and older: • partial-onset seizures. • primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures. • generali... View More
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Epilepsy Adult: Initially, 25 mg once daily for 2 wk followed by 50 mg once daily for 2 wk; thereafter, increase the dose by a max of 50-100 mg e... View More
Oral Epilepsy Child: >12 yr: Initially, 25 mg once daily for 2 wk followed by 50 mg once daily for 2 wk; thereafter, increase the dose by a max of 50-... View More
Renal impairment Use caution; may consider reduce the dose in significant renal impairment
Mode of Action
Lamotrigine inhibits voltage-sensitive sodium channels, thereby stabilising neuronal membranes and consequently inhibiting pathological release of excit... View More
Hepatic or renal impairment. Closely monitor patient. Monitor children's body wt. Advise patient to report any hypersensitivity reaction. Avoid abrupt w... View More
>10% Dizziness (38%),Diplopia (26-30%),Headache (29%),Ataxia (22%),Blurred vision (16-20%),Rhinitis (11-15%),Somnolence (14%) 1-10% Insomnia (6-10%... View More
Metabolism enhanced by enzyme-inducing drugs e.g. phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, primidone, rifampicin, ethinyloestradiol/levonorgestrel comb... View More
Alternative brand for Lamogin 25
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More