Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Lanzep.
Lanzep may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing ... View More
Lanzep is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Lanzep may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Lanzep is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Lanzep is recommended.
Lanzep is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lanzep may not be needed in these... View More
Lanzep is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia (a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and also adve... View More
Uses of Lanzep
Side effects of Lanzep
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Lanzep
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lanzep may be taken with o... View More
How Lanzep works
Lanzep is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by affecting the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thoughts and beha... View More
- Lanzep works well in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- It is less likely to cause heart and movement problems as compared to other similar medicines.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see full effects on thoughts and mood. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Lanzep can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not stop taking Lanzep without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Agitation, Mania
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Schizophrenia Adult: 5-10 mg/day initially; if necessary, may be titrated upward in increments of 5 mg/day at intervals >1 week Maintenance: 10-... View More
Oral Bipolar I Disorder (Manic or Mixed Episodes) <13 years: Safety and efficacy not established 13-17 years: 2.5-5 mg/day PO initially; target dosag... View More
Renal impairment: Initial: 5 mg daily.
Angle-closure glaucoma; lactation. IM: History of CVS disease, heart surgery.
Mode of Action
Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic with affinity for serotonin 5-HT2A/2C, dopamine, muscarinic M1-M5, histamine H1 and adrenergic alpha1 receptors.... View More
Patient w/ cerebrovascular disease or conditions predisposing to hypotension, benign prostatic hyperplasia, paralytic ileus, DM, Parkinson's disease, hi... View More
>10% Orthostatic hypotension (>20%),Weight gain, dose dependent (5-40%),Hypertriglyceridemia (<39%),Hypercholesterolemia (<39%),Somnolence, dose depend... View More
Olanzapine may antagonise the effects of levodopa and dopamine agonists. Drugs that induce CYP1A2 or glucuronyl transferase enzymes e.g. omeprazole and ... View More
Alternative brand for Lanzep
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More