Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Lithin SR.
Lithin SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in... View More
Lithin SR is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Lithin SR may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Lithin SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithin SR may also cause ... View More
Lithin SR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lithin SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Li... View More
Lithin SR is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lithin SR may not be needed in... View More
Lithin SR is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of bipolar disorder and mania in adults. It is sometimes used to treat other behavioral disor... View More
Uses of Lithin SR
- Bipolar disoder
Side effects of Lithin SR
- Slurred speech
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Increased white blood cell count
- Memory impairment
- Hair loss
- Goiter (enlarged thyroid gland)
- Skin rash
- Increased thirst
- Weight gain
How to use Lithin SR
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use. Lithin SR is to be taken with food.
How Lithin SR works
Lithin SR works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
- Lithosun SR Tablet is one of the most effective long-term treatment for bipolar disorder.
- It may also be used for the treatment of mania.
- Your lithium blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function may be monitored as long as you take this medicine.
- It may cause diarrhea and dehydration. Drink plenty of water and and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet... View More
- Monitor your weight during treatment as Lithosun SR Tablet can cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you have persistent stomach upset, problems with your speech, or extreme drowsiness. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not take Lithosun SR Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Bipolar disorder, Mania, Recurrent unipolar depression
Should be taken with food.
Oral Mania; Bipolar disorder; Recurrent unipolar depression Adult: Treatment and prevention: Initially, 400-1,200 mg daily in 1-2 divided doses. S... View More
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) Dosage Recommendation 10-50 50-75% of normal dose. <10 25-50% of normal dose.
Renal insufficiency, cardiovascular insufficiency, Addison\'s disease and untreated hypothyroidism are all contraindications to lithium therapy.
Mode of Action
Inhibits postsynaptic D2 receptor supersensitivity. Alters cation transport in nerve and muscle cells and influences reuptake of serotonin or norepineph... View More
Decreased tolerance to lithium has been reported to ensue from protracted sweating or diarrhoea and, if such occur, supplemental fluid and salt should b... View More
>10% Leukocytosis (most patients),Polyuria/polydypsia (30-50%),Dry mouth (20-50%),Hand tremor (45% initially, 10% after 1 year of treatment),Confusion ... View More
Reduced serum levels with carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, chlorpromazine, sodium-containing preparations, theophylline, urea. Enhanced hypothyroid effect... View More
Alternative brand for Lithin SR
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More