General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Lopez 5.
Lopez 5 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
Lopez 5 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Lopez 5 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Lopez 5 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Lopez 5 is recommended.
Lopez 5 is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lopez 5 may not be needed in the... View More
Lopez 5 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia (a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and also adv... View More
Uses of Lopez 5
Side effects of Lopez 5
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Lopez 5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lopez 5 may be taken with ... View More
How Lopez 5 works
Lopez 5 is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by affecting the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thoughts and beh... View More
- Lopez 5 works well in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- It is less likely to cause heart and movement problems as compared to other similar medicines.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see full effects on thoughts and mood. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Lopez 5 can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not stop taking Lopez 5 without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Agitation, Mania
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Schizophrenia Adult: 5-10 mg/day initially; if necessary, may be titrated upward in increments of 5 mg/day at intervals >1 week Maintenance: 10-... View More
Oral Bipolar I Disorder (Manic or Mixed Episodes) <13 years: Safety and efficacy not established 13-17 years: 2.5-5 mg/day PO initially; target dosag... View More
Renal impairment: Initial: 5 mg daily.
Angle-closure glaucoma; lactation. IM: History of CVS disease, heart surgery.
Mode of Action
Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic with affinity for serotonin 5-HT2A/2C, dopamine, muscarinic M1-M5, histamine H1 and adrenergic alpha1 receptors.... View More
Patient w/ cerebrovascular disease or conditions predisposing to hypotension, benign prostatic hyperplasia, paralytic ileus, DM, Parkinson's disease, hi... View More
>10% Orthostatic hypotension (>20%),Weight gain, dose dependent (5-40%),Hypertriglyceridemia (<39%),Hypercholesterolemia (<39%),Somnolence, dose depend... View More
Olanzapine may antagonise the effects of levodopa and dopamine agonists. Drugs that induce CYP1A2 or glucuronyl transferase enzymes e.g. omeprazole and ... View More
Alternative brand for Lopez 5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More