Square Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Merison does not cause any harmful side effects.
Information regarding the use of Merison during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Merison during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Merison does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Merison is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Merison may not be needed in th... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Merison in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Merison is used to prevent and treat a disorder of the inner ear known as Ménière’s disease. The symptoms include dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ea... View More
Uses of Merison
- Meniere's disease
Side effects of Merison
How to use Merison
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Merison may be taken with ... View More
How Merison works
Merison is a histamine analog. It works by improving the blood flow in the inner ear which reduces the pressure of excess fluid there. Excess fluid can ... View More
What if you forget to take Merison?
If you miss a dose of Merison, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- You have been prescribed Merison to relieve vertigo (dizziness), hearing problems and tinnitus (noise in the ear) associated with Ménière's disease.
- It can only decrease the number and severity of attacks but may not completely stop them.
- Taking it with food can help reduce stomach problems.
- Take it at the same time each day to maintain a steady amount of the medicine in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcer, asthma, or low blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Meniere's disease, tinnitus, vertigo, dizziness
Should be taken with food.
Adults : 1 to 2 tablets three times per day after meals.
Mode of Action
Betahistine improves the microcirculation in the labyrinth which reduces endolymphatic pressure.
Active peptic ulcer, bronchial asthma, pregnancy and lactation.
Rash, pruritus, urticaria, dyspepsia, nausea, peptic ulcer disease, headache, insomnia.
May antagonise antihistamines. May decrease bronchodilator effects of beta-2 agonists.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More