Square Pharmaceuticals PLC.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Methigic 16.
Methigic 16 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develo... View More
Methigic 16 is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is no... View More
Methigic 16 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Undesirable effects, such as dizziness, vertigo, visual disturbances and fa... View More
Methigic 16 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Methigic 16 is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have a... View More
There is limited information available on the use of Methigic 16 in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Methigic 16 is a medicine used to treat wide variety of medical conditions such as severe conditions, asthma, rheumatic disorder, skin and eye disorders... View More
Uses of Methigic 16
- Rheumatic disorder
- Skin disorders
- Eye disorders
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Side effects of Methigic 16
- Thinning of skin
- Increased risk of infection
- Reduction in bone density
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Upset stomach
- Behavioural changes
How to use Methigic 16
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Methigic 16 is to be taken... View More
How Methigic 16 works
Methigic 16 is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling... View More
- Methigic 16 helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of... View More
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Methigic 16 can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Methigic 16. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Methigic 16 suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive, Allergic conditions
Should be taken with food.
Oral Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive Adult: Initially, 2-60 mg daily in 1-4 divided doses, depending on the disease being treated. Allergic ... View More
Oral Anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive Child: 0.5-1.7 mg/kg daily or 5-25 mg/m2 daily in divided doses 6-12 hrly. Usual dosing range, 0.117-1... View More
Systemic fungal infections and known hypersensitivity to components.
Mode of Action
Methylprednisolone is a synthetic corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity and minimal mineralocorticoid properties. It decreases inflammation... View More
Patient w/ heart failure, HTN, DM, GI disease (e.g. diverticulitis, intestinal anastomoses, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis), multiple sclerosis, myast... View More
Adrenal suppression, anaphylactoid reactions, immunosuppression, acute myopathy, Kaposi's sarcoma, psychiatric disturbances (e.g. depression, euphoria, ... View More
Loss of corticosteroid-induced adrenal suppression w/ aminoglutethimide. Risk of hypokalaemia w/ K-depleting agents (e.g. amphotericin B, diuretics). De... View More
Alternative brand for Methigic 16
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More