Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Mifeston.
Mifeston is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful eff... View More
Mifeston is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Mifeston may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Mifeston in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Mifeston in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Mifeston is an anti progestational steroids class of drug used for medical termination of pregnancy. It works by blocking the action of progesterone, es... View More
Uses of Mifeston
- Medical abortion
Side effects of Mifeston
- Uterine cramps
- Infection following abortion
- Uterine bleeding
How to use Mifeston
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Mifeston is to be taken wi... View More
How Mifeston works
Mifeston blocks the effects of progesterone, a natural female hormone which is needed for the pregnancy to sustain. Without this hormone, the lining of ... View More
What if you forget to take Mifeston?
If you miss a dose of Mifeston, please consult your doctor.
- Mifeston helps in medical termination of pregnancy.
- If you vomit within 45 minutes of taking the tablet, talk to your doctor immediately. You will need to take another tablet.
- Take it only as prescribed by the doctor. Miscarriages, if incomplete, may result in serious medical complications leading to hospitalization, surgery a... View More
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It does not affect fertility. Use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Take it no later than 63 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Vaginal bleeding may or may not occur after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if excessive bleeding occurs or if you suffer from seve... View More
Termination of pregnancy, Labour induction, Cervical softening and dilatation, Postcoital contraception.
May be taken with or without food. 200 mg PO once given by a healthcare provider in a clinic, medical office, or hospital followed 24-48 hr later by mi... View More
Pregnancy Termination Mifepristone: Indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy through 70 days gestation in combination with misop... View More
Confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy, chronic adrenal failure, concurrent long-term corticosteroid therapy, history of allergy to mifepristone, miso... View More
Mode of Action
Mifepristone is a progesterone antagonist with antiglucocorticoid activity. It binds to the intracellular progesterone receptor where it competitively i... View More
Patient w/ haemostatic disorders or anaemia; malnutrition. Patients taking strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (when used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome). ... View More
>10% Abdominal pain, cramping (96%),Uterine cramping (83%),Nausea (43-61%),Headache (2-31%),Vomiting (1-26%),Diarrhea (12-20%),Dizziness (1-12%) 1-... View More
Increased serum levels w/ CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin). Decreased serum levels w/ CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. dexamethaso... View More
Alternative brand for Mifeston
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More