The ACME Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Muterol. Please consult your doctor.
Muterol may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing... View More
Information regarding the use of Muterol during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Muterol alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and rea... View More
Muterol should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Muterol may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Muterol should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Muterol may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Muterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness. It helps i... View More
Uses of Muterol
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Side effects of Muterol
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Muscle cramp
How to use Muterol
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Muterol may be taken with ... View More
How Muterol works
Muterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
- Take bambuterol tablets shortly before bedtime.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, problems of liver or kidneys, fam... View More
- You should continue taking the medication after the start of treatment with bambuterol, even if the asthma symptoms diminish.
- If you have moderate to severely impaired renal function (GFR < 50 ml/min), it is recommended that the starting dose of Bambuterol should be halved.
- If you have severe asthma, you should undergo regular blood tests to monitor the amount of potassium in your blood.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, you may need additional medications for blood glucose control, due to the hypoglycemic effect exerted by bambuterol.... View More
- Consult your doctor as soon as possible if this medicine doesn't relieve wheezing or chest tightness as well as usual, or for as long as usual, or if yo... View More
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.... View More
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Asthma.
Adult: PO 10-20 mg/day at bedtime. Hepatic impairment: Severe: Not recommended.
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <50 Initial dose should be halved.
Severe hepatic impairment; cirrhosis.
Mode of Action
Bambuterol HCl is a prodrug of terbutaline. It relaxes bronchial smooth muscle by selectively acting on ?2-receptors.
DM, hyperthyroidism, myocardial insufficiency, arrhythmias, susceptibility to QT-interval prolongation. Pregnancy.
Fine tremor of skeletal muscle (e.g. hands), palpitations and muscle cramps; tachycardia, tenseness and peripheral vasodilation.
Risk of hypokalaemia increased by co-admin of corticosteroids, diuretics or xanthines. Prolong the action of drugs e.g. suxamethonium.
Alternative brand for Muterol
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More