Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Antial 12.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Antial 12 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, the... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Antial 12 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Antial 12 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Antial 12 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Antial 12 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Ho... View More
Antial 12 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Antial 12 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Ant... View More
Antial 12 is used to treat mild to moderate dementia in Alzheimer’s disease, a progressive illness which gradually affects memory and thinking. It does ... View More
Uses of Antial 12
- Alzheimer's disease
Side effects of Antial 12
How to use Antial 12
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Antial 12 is to be taken w... View More
How Antial 12 works
Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease occurs due to disturbances of signal transmission in the brain. Antial 12 is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by ... View More
What if you forget to take Antial 12?
If you miss a dose of Antial 12, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- You have been prescribed Antial 12 to slow down the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- It does not cure Alzheimer's disease but may help improve brain function and ability to do daily activities.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at night before going to bed.
- It may cause diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated while taking Antial 12.
- Monitor your body weight regularly as both Antial 12 and Alzheimer's disease can cause weight loss.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Antial 12 affects you.
- It may cause serious skin rashes. Stop taking medication and inform your doctor if you notice a skin rash.
- Inform your doctor if you develop muscle tremors, especially if you have Parkinson’s disease.
- Inform your doctor about taking Antial 12, If you are going to have surgery under anesthesia.
- Be cautious while taking this medicine if you suffer from peptic ulcer as it may cause vomiting, stomach bleeding, stomach pain, or discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you experience seizures or convulsions while taking this medicine.
Dementia in Alzheimer's disease.
Should be taken with food.
Alzheimer Disease Initial 4 mg PO q12hr Maintenance Titrate to 8-12 mg PO q12hr; increase by 4 mg q12hr at no less than 4 week intervals Hepat... View More
Renal Impairment Moderate: Not to exceed 16 mg/day Severe (CrCl <9 mL/min): Not recommended
Hypersensitivity; severe liver or kidney dysfunction; lactation; disorders of galactose metabolism; urinary retention or GI obstruction. Lactation.
Mode of Action
Galantamine is a centrally-acting cholinesterase inhibitor, elevating acetylcholine in the cerebral cortex. Glutamine and serotonin levels may also be i... View More
Mild-moderate hepatic impairment; supraventricular conduction abnormalities; asthma; COPD; pregnancy; peptic ulcers. May increase gastric acid productio... View More
>10% Nausea (20-25%),Diarrhea (11-15%),Vomiting (11-15%) 1-10% Abdominal pain,Anorexia,Muscle cramp,Fatigue,Dizziness,Headache,Weight loss,Depressi... View More
ncreased serum concentrations when used with drugs that inhibit CYP2D6 (e.g. quinidine, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and paroxetine) and CYP3A4 (e.g. ketoco... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More