General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Ariprazole 10.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Ariprazole 10 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the deve... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Ariprazole 10 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Ariprazole 10 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Ariprazole 10 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Ariprazole 10 is recommended.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Ariprazole 10 is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ariprazole 10 may not be n... View More
Ariprazole 10 is an antipsychotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of schizophrenia (a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusio... View More
Uses of Ariprazole 10
Side effects of Ariprazole 10
- Akathisia (inability to stay still)
- Blurred vision
- Increased saliva production
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How to use Ariprazole 10
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ariprazole 10 may be taken... View More
How Ariprazole 10 works
Ariprazole 10 is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by changing the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
- You have been prescribed Arip MT 5 Tablet for relieving psychotic symptoms and manic episodes.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to see full effects on thoughts and mood. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your doctor may advise you to take it in the morning if you experience any difficulty in sleeping.
- It may increase your blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood sugar and cholesterol levels regularly.
- Arip MT 5 Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Arip MT 5 Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes, unusual movements or develop suicidal thoughts.
Adult: PO Schizophrenia Initial: 10-15 mg once daily. Maintenance: 15 mg once daily. Max: 30 mg once daily without regard to food. Dose increment should... View More
Drugs that induce CYP3A4 (e.g. carbamazepine) could cause an increase in aripiprazole clearance and lower blood levels. Inhibitors of CYP3A4 (e.g. ketoc... View More
Patients with known CV diseases (e.g. history of MI, IHD, CCF or conduction abnormalities), cerebrovascular diseases or conditions which would predispos... View More
Aripiprazole acts as a partial agonist at D2 and 5-HT1A receptors and as an antagonist at 5-HT2A receptors.
Schizophrenia 13-17 years: 2 mg/day PO initially; increased to 5 mg/day after 2 days; increased to recommended dosage of 10 mg/day after additional 2 d... View More
Mode of Action
May be taken with or without food.
Major depressive disorder, Schizophrenia, Acute manic episodes of bipolar disorder, Agitation, Irritability in autism
Pregnancy Category Note
>10% Weight gain (8-30%),Headache (27%),Agitation (19%),Insomnia (18%),Anxiety (17%),Nausea and vomiting (11-15%),Akathisia (10-13%),Lightheadedness (1... View More
Hypersensitivity. Lactation. Children <18 yr.
Alternative brand for Ariprazole 10
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More